I love my Leicaflex!

ganzosrevenge

Thanks   for the  above  pictures . I was   especially  interested in  the  tandem   drive  set  up . Any dance of a close up  ? I  would  like  to  see it in more  detail  please. 

Three  SL2s   in  one picture  !!  One of  mine is  away   for  repairs  and  I  miss  it. 

Many  times  I have   been  out with   a  Leicalflex , of  various  models  ,  and people  ask  about  it ,  why  not  get  a new  camera  ?   I  then  show them  the  camera  and  their   questions  are  answered .

Nice combos .. cameras look like new

Please post pictures in film thread. Thanks

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/205842-i-like-filmopen-thread/page-1477

Henry

Hi Henry, Thanks. Although these cameras are film cameras, this pictures are not taken by a film camera. I thought "I like film" thread is for pictures taken with film cameras. Am I mistaken?

Leicaflex, SL and SL2...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3

The SL2 mot and the R80 - what a dream !  :)

Yes, it is. Thanks

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just for the red of Kodak Portra 160 and with the Leicaflex SL* (1970) + Summicron 50 (1970)

Beaubourg Center

Paris March 2017

Kodak Portra 160 dev myself in Tetenal at 38°C

Nikon Coolscan 5000 (RGB factory calibrated) - No Correction

Best

Henry

* revised by Wetzlar recently

• Like 1

In my big equipment reorganization, I sold off one Leicaflex SL body and a few of my R lenses, but I kept my favorite black body and 15, 21, 50, 60 Macro, 90, 100 Macro, 135, and 180 mm lenses. That still rather a lot for the amount that I use it, but it's such a sweet system. :)

I like that I can leave the battery out entirely if I feel like it and just shoot with it.

Edited by ramarren
  • Like 1

In my big equipment reorganization, I sold off one Leicaflex SL body and a few of my R lenses, but I kept my favorite black body and 15, 21, 50, 60 Macro, 90, 100 Macro, 135, and 180 mm lenses. That still rather a lot for the amount that I use it, but it's such a sweet system. :)

I like that I can leave the battery out entirely if I feel like it and just shoot with it.

...  60 or 100 macro R is the best

Henry

Edited by Doc Henry
  • Like 1

Thanks   for the  above  pictures . I was   especially  interested in  the  tandem   drive  set  up . Any dance of a close up  ? I  would  like  to  see it in more  detail  please. 

Three  SL2s   in  one picture  !!  One of  mine is  away   for  repairs  and  I  miss  it. 

Many  times  I have   been  out with   a  Leicalflex , of  various  models  ,  and people  ask  about  it ,  why  not  get  a new  camera  ?   I  then  show them  the  camera  and  their   questions  are  answered .

Hi Hugh, Thanks. You need a close up of which part?

SL2 and 80mm is indeed a perfect combo.

Here's the SL2 tandem closeup requested.

• Like 5

SL2 and 80mm is indeed a perfect combo.

Here's the SL2 tandem closeup requested.

Looks like a good system for distant stereo photography!  Simply make sure both cameras are perfectly horizontal.  The SL2 on the left seems to be leaning to the left.  Or is that distortion from a lens? 

Thanks for the picture  of the  tandem  drive. 

I  had  heard of  one  though  never  see  one ,  some   piece  of  kit  !

It  was  the  tandem  drive   close up  I  was interested  in  thank  you .

Edited by Hugh 38

Looks like a good system for distant stereo photography!  Simply make sure both cameras are perfectly horizontal.  The SL2 on the left seems to be leaning to the left.  Or is that distortion from a lens? 

Snapped with a phone camera. Some distortion is present, but the tandem is not meant for stereo photography so the cameras are not perfectly aligned. 

a911s, on 25 Mar 2017 - 08:41, said:

Snapped with a phone camera. Some distortion is present, but the tandem is not meant for stereo photography so the cameras are not perfectly aligned. 

Here https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/1948817_leica-leica-r-tandem-coupling-device-14185  it's described as a "rare device for two SL (SL2) MOT cameras for simultaneous use with motor drive..."  Simultaneous use with motor drive?  If that's not a use for stereo photography; then I don't know what is.  I have no idea why anyone would want such a device if it's not going to be used for stereo photography.  Could you please explain why else would anyone would want to be shooting off two cameras at the same time.  

Thanks

Edited by thebarnman

Here https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/1948817_leica-leica-r-tandem-coupling-device-14185  it's described as a "rare device for two SL (SL2) MOT cameras for simultaneous use with motor drive..."  Simultaneous use with motor drive?  If that's not a use for stereo photography; then I don't know what is.  I have no idea why anyone would want such a device if it's not going to be used for stereo photography.  Could you please explain why else would anyone would want to be shooting off two cameras at the same time.  

Thanks

Documenting a narrow and a wide view at the same time, using lenses with different focal lengths?

Thanks

The Leica tandem coupling device could be used for stereo photography I suppose, but it is not perfectly aligned, not is it able to be adjusted to be perfectly aligned. I suppose you could modify one to work though. I paid $70 for mine.

As Phillip said, it is for shooting a moment with different focal lengths - with the possibility of simultaneous exposures with the special release - or for shooting at more than the 3.7 fps of a single SL2Mot, when the two cameras are released at slightly different times.

Thanks

Hello Thebarnman,

At the time that the Leicaflex SL mot was introduced Leitz said that 1 of the reasons for the outfit was for the use of 2 lenses of different focal lengths simultaneously, as Philipp said above.

A second reason was that the shutter release mechanisms could be set to release SEQUENTIALLY so that:

If a person used lenses of the same focal length on both cameras & released the shutters on both cameras at the same time: Photos could effectively be captured at TWICE the speed of 1 motorized camera taking photos alone.

Nifty.

Best Regards,

Michael

Edited by Michael Geschlecht

Any misalignment would not preclude the device from being used for stereo work as you could adjust the slides before mounting them. The very long base would be more problematic as it would practically restrict it to landscape photography.

Any misalignment would not preclude the device from being used for stereo work as you could adjust the slides before mounting them. The very long base would be more problematic as it would practically restrict it to landscape photography.

Correct:  The base being wider than the normal distance of two eyes is hyperstereo, (everything looks miniature,) and yes...that would be restricted to distance (landscape) photography.  The stereo base being more narrow than the normal distance between two eyes is called hypostereo (where everything looks larger than normal,) where smaller subjects like insects etc. look huge.  A normal stereo base is referred to as Orthostereo. 

It seems to me the SL2 tandem can be perfectly used to produce hyperstereo photography...assuming one uses the same type of lens on both cameras.