Adapter 14127 M to R

sandro

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I happen to have an adapter 14127 M to R which I want to sell. It came with stuff I bought and I have no use for it. As I understand it this adapter allows Visoflex lenses to be used on Leica SLR camera's. Does it fucntion with other M-lenses on a SLR as well? Why does it have an aperture simulator?

Thanks for any help, Lex

Lex,

The 14127 adapter will, as you correctly state, allow Visoflex lenses to be mounted on Leica SLR cameras and will keep infinity focus. You can of course mount any Leica M lens (barring physical limitations) on the 14127 but, a 'regular' M lens will thus become a macro lens, as the 14127 will in effect become an extension tube.

The aperture ring was used to 'inform' the Leica SLR body as to which f-stop the Visoflex lens was set to. This only worked on the original Leicaflex; if my feeble memory serves me correctly - the 14127 was set up as a 'one cam' lens , to match the cam of the early Leicaflex camera. Later adapter no. 14167 used a 'null' cam and did not use the aperture simulator anymore

Best,

Jan

Its a very useful adapter and can be used with a Canon/Nikon/other adapter for viso lenses, or with a screw thread adapter to fit a huge variety of lenses onto bellows or extension tubes onto Leica R/Canon/more. Perhaps its not so useful for its original purpose now but its still a very handy adapter and I use mine a fair bit.

Hello Everybody,

The 14127 adapter allows Visoflex or any M mount lens or accesory to be used on any Flex or R camera. It extends the 47mm register of the reflex mount to the 68.8mm of the second Visoflex. The aperture simulator of the 21.8mm adapter allows the photographer to use the external meter of the Standard w/ Visoflex lenses. It also accepts many other M mount lenses, etc. It allows the photographer to align the meter needle & follower in the viewfinder & then read the result of the external meter on the aperture simulator of the 14127. This can then be transferred to the aperture ring of the lens in question.

There is no connection between the aperture simulator on the 14127 & the aperture ring on the lens in use except for the photographers fingers. The meter of the first Leicaflex which is seen in the viewfinder does not read thru the lens.

This external meter covers an angle of about 27 degrees. The same as a 90mm lens on a full frame camera. Similar to what is covered by an MR or MR-4 meter.

Best Regards,

Michael

Edited by Michael Geschlecht

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I use it, the later adapter 14167 quite often...:rolleyes:

The R9/DMR works very well with the old black Elmar 3,5/65mm ...:D

Jan,

How does it compare with the 100/2.8 APO-Macro-Elmarit-R? I have both but it's never occurred to me to use the 65/3.5 Elmar on other than my Visoflex.

Pete.

Jan,

How does it compare with the 100/2.8 APO-Macro-Elmarit-R? I have both but it's never occurred to me to use the 65/3.5 Elmar on other than my Visoflex.

Pete.

Hi Pete,

the APO-Macro is of course more sharp and higher contrast.

The Elmar 3,5/65mm has a very soft crossing in the unsharpness, I like this very much and this is with some pictures more importantly for me.

regards,

Jan

• Like 1