Erwin Puts' newest Compendium nearing completion

ho_co

Advertisement (gone after registration)

:D ad fontes ! :

Shipping info on Leica Compendium

19/04/11 14:21

The Leica Compendium will start shipping on April 26. There have been many hundreds of orders and not all of them can be shipped on the same day. It will take me at least a week, possibly two weeks to send all books. The books will be shipped in the order of payment received.

Below are a few pages of the original book so that you can get an impression of what it will look like.

source: Blog

• 2 weeks later...

And it is clear Erwin is working on it; I paypalled him a few months ago, but apparently overpaid on the postage. I unexpectedly got a refund of the excess two days ago.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

How does one order his book? I can't locate any ordering information on his site. Thanks.

TOO LATE... :D; single batch of print for early buyers... prices in the gray market are already in the 10x side... :p

Jokes apart.. send a message to Puts in his contact area...

How does one order his book? I can't locate any ordering information on his site. Thanks.

To order:

Go to Blog.

The ordering (Paypal) address is highlighted just above the bank info.

Contacting Erwin via his "Contact me" address is slower, because you still have to arrange payment.

Same here. I have ordered also the Gutenberg version, but I am eagerly looking forward for the iPad version. While photographing the Puts will be then always with me in my camera bag, which of course houses iPad. The Gutenberg version is too heavy and too big to carry around.

- vintola -

It's here!

I just arrived home and found a large carton between other post. It contained the new compendium, looks very good at first sight, very nice graphic design. Happy. Very happy.

It comes with a little surprise as well, I won't spoil it though. :cool:

When I finish the book there will be a full review. :)

Hope you get your copies soon!

Rob

• Like 3

Puts mentioned the difficulties of publishing on paper through PDF. My wife does exactly that kind of work for a magazine. An alternative might be a handsome, professional web presentation available by subscription.

I have found this resource to be very valuable and worth every penny.

I would have thought Erwin would be better off publishing the electronic version of the book through Amazon as a Kindle book. There's potentially a much larger audience than publishing it as an iPad app.

I agree.

But didn't he also say the digital version was only for book purchasers?

I don't think that makes sense, artificially limiting his potential market.

K-H.

I'm reading Erwin Puts book as we speak. I think it's a great book with lots of information. It has an eloquent sober cover and a nice lay-out and lots of photos and drawings Small price for such a big extensive book!

With the package also came a little book enclosed ( same white cover as the big book with a photo of the M9 " Leica pocket guide " ISBN /EA : 978-94-91089-01-5 ) with all the serial numbers of cameras and lenses. Very handy!:)