Best 3 lens kit M6 film

rocket66

Advertisement (gone after registration)

what do you guys think about 2 cameras (M8.2 and M6/MP) with 18mm f/3.8 asph, 28 f2.8 asph, 75mm f2 asph.

this will cover from 18mm to 100mm.

With a lens carrier, I can go around with 2 cameras 3 lens (maybe the 90mm f/4 macro as a 4th to cover upto 120mm)

The reason I am posting is that I am going on a trip to the Oregon coast where there will be a bit of trekking. I have M8 and M6 and have trouble deciding what to choose among, 18mm f/3.8 asph, 28 f/2.8 asph, 35mm lux asph, 50 cron asph, 75mm cron asph, 90mm f/4 macro, 90mm cron asph

suggestion? I am bring a long the universal polarizer and some ND filters

• 4 years later...

No M6 (I'm an M5 and M Monochrom user), but my 3 lens kit is the 35mm f/2.5 Summarit, 50mm Summicron (v5) and 90mm f/2.8 Tele-Elmarit. I sometimes swap out the 50 Summicron for one of my ancient Sonnars (1937 Zeiss 5cm f/1.5 or 1963 Russian Jupiter 3 knock-off).

For me the M system is all about small and light. For night or indoor events the Sonnars are magic, but the 50 Cron is fast enough for most situations. I am a 50mm guy, and generally prefer an SLR for anything wider than 28mm or longer than 90mm. Generally a 28 or 90 with the rangefinder is pushing things for me, and I could be very happy with just a 35 or 50. 35 outdoors in a city, 50 indoors for people and outdoors in anyplace less crowded.