Name this car....

Stuart, actually the more "rural" version: Mini Countryman 4WD PHEV. I think close enough, so back to You.

Here it is without "snow camouflage":

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

Arto -

Thank you.

Let's try this one.  All the usual information, plus extra credit if you can identify who the owner was, and state at least two of the unusual characteristics of this particular car.

• Like 2

By the thickness of the windows, it must have armoured/bullet proof glass. I don't think it is the 1932 Limo, originally belonging to Al Capone, which was confiscated by the Internal Revenue Service and then passed to the Secret Service, for FDR's use after the outbreak of war in 1941. It was the only vehicle with armoured glass available at short notice but quickly replaced as the body was not bullet proof. 

Wilson

Nigel,

I wondered if it was one of the Banana Republic post war dictators, like Batista, Peron or Trujillo. It is a bit like a ZIS 112 or 115 (Packard Copies), as used by Stalin but those had rounded corners at the top outer of the front windows. 

Wilson

17 minutes ago, hektor said:

1950 Series 60S Cadillac V8 in the Southward Car Museum in Otaihanga, New Zealand

I’m still going through images of South American despots and other miscellaneous dictatorial ne’er-do-wells that I have available.
It gives off distinctively “Franco-style” tinpot or maybe non-tinpot minority government/military junta vibes but I’m happy to be way off the mark…who else needs a bullet-proof car?

Edited by NigelG

Sorry - left for the beach at 5:00 this morning and just got back.

John got it with a '50 Caddy sedan, and Hektor identified where the car is.  It's a lovely museum worth the visit if you're ever anywhere near there. 

The other special feature was the tilt-out windscreens so the "torpedoes" could shoot at rivals.  the car was owned by Los Angeles racketeer Mickey Cohen.  I most highly recommend the movie,  L.A. Confidential, which starts when Mickey Cohen is arrested.

Thank you, Stuart. I happened to have one at the ready in case I identified the gangster Caddy and offer the following as the next puzzle car.

I'll be leaving during the weekend for a few days of flyfishing in the mountains to get away from the heat in Boise and the smoke so generously donated by neighboring states that are on fire.

The usual info if you please;  make, model, approximate vintage......bonus points - for whatever those are worth) - if you can name the coach builder. 

JZG

20 minutes ago, hektor said:

1952 onward BMW 501 or 502 2 door cabriolet ?

Yup.................a 1956 BMW 502 Baur Cabriolet.

M240-P / 35mm Summilux FLE

JZG

• Like 4

Clue: side valve motor.