Name this car....

If the red dot on the hub were a sextagon, it would be a Packard; but if it's a circle, it's a ....

Kirk

M9 5cm Sonnar, 1938

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Next one then. I want the make, the full model designation and the coach builder.

Wilson

I thought it was time I gave you an easy one and I also had a nice photo of it outside my house in France. This one is one of I believe only 2 original left hand drive cars (others have been converted by the factory and elsewhere at a later date) and for many years was the personal property of Dr. Zagato. It goes like the proverbial ordure off a shovel, as it has a Richard Williams 4.7L engine in it, with around 340 HP.

Wilson

• Like 1

Now something completely different. A daily driver for the city. Large enough to carry two adults and two briefcases.

Edited by Rona|d

Looks like the now sadly defunct Saab 9-3 to me. Classic example of a big US company buying a company, running it incredibly badly, forcing them to make inferior products (using a Opel Vectra chassis - yerchhhhh) and then dumping them, when surprise, surprise, they run into trouble. Back in the 70's, I had an early 99 Turbo. Apart from very heavy steering, what a lovely car it was (they very quickly fitted power steering to this model but it could not be retrofitted). In 100,000 miles, the only repair required, was a water pump seal.

Wilson

Japanese???

No, sorry.

Looks like the now sadly defunct Saab 9-3 to me. Classic example of a big US company buying a company, running it incredibly badly, forcing them to make inferior products (using a Opel Vectra chassis - yerchhhhh) and then dumping them, when surprise, surprise, they run into trouble. Back in the 70's, I had an early 99 Turbo. Apart from very heavy steering, what a lovely car it was (they very quickly fitted power steering to this model but it could not be retrofitted). In 100,000 miles, the only repair required, was a water pump seal.

Wilson

Wilson, no SAAB, but you are right about the sad last days. When I was at IAA fair, I think back in 2009, they "hoped" to make it and later told me about future developments (back to REAL SAAB). Money for nothing and there was no TATA for them, just vultures :(

Anyway size and model could have been a SAAB, somehow.