The Leica User Forum Book

bill

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anyone know if oak trees have got together and found legal representation?

I ask because so many of my landscapes seem to be full of oak trees and I'm a little worried' date=' after all this talk, that I may be off to prison.

Jim.[/quote']

Jim,

If you live in a state of consciousness where oak trees can get legal representation it's not prison you'll be off to. :D

Pete.

In the States, all bets are off. I think you can't even photograph all buildings from public property, which is highly unusual in the world.

This is to do with copyright and has no bearing on the issue being discussed here.

I have no idea what the case is in Britain. Britain's laws are pretty weird in places ;)

Only when politicians get involved (statutory laws). Fortunately, we still have the common law to decide matters like whether a model release is necessary or not.

Wonderful, Bill.

I'm in too.

May I suggest (may premature) a yearly edition ?

To maximise audience, it seems to me any introductory

text should be in 2 or 3 languages. I easily can offer

to translate from english to french. We also should have it

in german, of course and, why not, spanish and italian.

Edited by JHAG

All, thank you so much for your overwhelming responses so far. I shall, over the next couple of days, wade through and start to count and collate the "in's" and offers of help, and sort out next steps. This is not a 5-minute process, so please be patient as we get this project off the ground.

Regards,

Bill

Bill- I counted myself in at the beginning of your thread.

BYTW if you're looking for bodies to help out I will be very happy to assist where required (editing etc.). I've taken a sabbatical for the next year so I have some time on my hands.

Right.

Ruling on the Leica kit issue is as follows, and thanks to Virgil and others for helping to clarify it in my mind.

Since this is a book inspired by, and showcasing the work of the contributors to, the Leica User Forum we will abide by the already-existing Forum rule as follows:

For the avoidance of doubt, this includes the use of Leica lenses on third party bodies, Leica lenses on Leica partner cameras (e.g. Panasonic) and the use of third party lenses on Leica bodies. In general, photographs taken without the use of Leica equipment are not permitted.

Ok?

Regards,

Bill

This puts me back in. This makes perfect sense to me. I applaud the flexibility demonstrated here.