The Leica User Forum Book

bill

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anyone know if oak trees have got together and found legal representation?

I ask because so many of my landscapes seem to be full of oak trees and I'm a little worried' date=' after all this talk, that I may be off to prison.

Jim.[/quote']

If I were you, I'd have a word with the Ents; they'll know. ;)

...For the avoidance of doubt, this includes the use of Leica lenses on third party bodies, Leica lenses on Leica partner cameras (e.g. Panasonic) and the use of third party lenses on Leica bodies. In general, photographs taken without the use of Leica equipment are not permitted....

Well done, count me in then.

Thanks for the responses so far.

Wilfredo - thanks for the suggestion, but I don't think that a local charity is a good idea. As we found with the One Leica Day project that brings administrative headaches and can actively put people off from giving. This is an international forum, with an international reach. I would like to keep to a single charity, or at most two or three, but I think that international charities are more appropriate in this instance.

Keep 'em coming ;)

Regards,

Bill

Bill,

May I suggest that you take another look at "Kids With Cameras." The mission statement meets the criteria you express above, it is a worldwide international charity with a direct link to photography. I think it would enhance our standing as Leica shooters in the world of photography if we went with this option and more importantly, we would be having a direct impact on the lives of children interested in photography who would otherwise have no means of doing photography, let alone ever aspire to owning a Leica camera. Please read the mission statement below taken from their web site. Who knows, if we went with something like this, perhaps even Leica might support our effort?

Kids with Cameras is a non-profit organization that teaches the art of photography to marginalized children in communities around the world. We use photography to capture the imaginations of children, to empower them, building confidence, self-esteem and hope. We share their vision and voices with the world through exhibitions, books, websites and film. By linking with local organizations, we work to strengthen the children's education and general well-being, providing financial support through sales of their prints or by developing our own homes with a focus on leadership and the arts. http://www.kids-with-cameras.org/mission/

Edited by wilfredo

Bill,

May I suggest that you take another look at "Kids With Cameras." The mission statement meets the criteria you express above, it is a worldwide international charity with a direct link to photography. I think it would enhance our standing as Leica shooters in the world of photography if we went with this option and more importantly, we would be having a direct impact on the lives of children interested in photography who would otherwise have no means of doing photography, let alone ever aspire to owning a Leica camera. Please read the mission statement below taken from their web site.

Kids with Cameras is a non-profit organization that teaches the art of photography to marginalized children in communities around the world. We use photography to capture the imaginations of children, to empower them, building confidence, self-esteem and hope. We share their vision and voices with the world through exhibitions, books, websites and film. By linking with local organizations, we work to strengthen the children's education and general well-being, providing financial support through sales of their prints or by developing our own homes with a focus on leadership and the arts.

I second that.

Isn't photography about having an innocent, if piercing, eye ?

http://www.kids-with-cameras.org/home/

Worth a look.

Edited by JHAG

Everyone has their own favourite charity. This is Bill's idea. I think that the decision should remain with Bill, his decision should be final, and I hope that we are all mature enough to embrace that wholeheartedly, regardless of whether the charity chosen is not "our own".