The Leica User Forum Book

bill

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But this is something that is to showcase Leica and is more "formal" than the forum.

I'm with Bill on this one. Sorry.

You don't have to be sorry. I'm using Leicabody with Leica lenses for at least 95% of my pictures. :)

It was calling it "The Leica User Forum Book" and using the chapter structure as in the Photo Forum that made it natural (for me) to use the same restrictions as on the forum.

/Joakim

Bill - yes, great idea on the model releases for recognisable people in private places. We should use them, and thank you for the offer of forms. No time limits yet, but a timetable will be forthcoming shortly.

Regards,

Bill

I'm in, great idea in principal, and I agree with the Leica mandate and international charity (one or two at most)

EDIT - oops I thought you were suggesting model release forms for any photos of people. Sorry. Fair enough if an obviously private photo but NOT for photos in public please!

There may be issues with entrants from countries with relevant laws, i.e. France, but I would suggest that the photographers decide if necessary.

Edited by earleygallery

I was heavily involved for several years in the Family of Man 2 project run on the LUG. I was both a contributor and an editor. You can find some details here...

The Family of Man 2 Project | Book Preview

and an overview outside of Blurb here...

Leica FAQ - Family of Man 2

The project was started by Alastair Firkin who is also a member here and involved hundreds of photographers and ran over a 5 year period.

I would be happy to contribute something similar here - for anyone thinking of volunteering to be an editor it isn't easy and takes a lot of time to select the images.

However the minute I hear talk of model releases I lose interest in submitting photographs. I don't have a single photograph that has a model release - and I suspect precious few others do either. My understanding is that a model release isn't required for this type of book. If that's the agreed position I'd be prepared to submit some photographs.

Steve, I agree with you. I don't have model release forms at all. If I felt that it was inappropriate to publish a particular photo then I simply wouldn't do it. Can we have some self responsibility here please? Or do we just want photos of cats, cars and sunsets?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by earleygallery

Bill wrote:

" Wilfredo - thanks for the suggestion, but I don't think that a local charity is a good idea. As we found with the One Leica Day project that brings administrative headaches and can actively put people off from giving. This is an international forum, with an international reach. I would like to keep to a single charity, or at most two or three, but I think that international charities are more appropriate in this instance."

Thanks for the clarification. Given that factual information, I think I'll sit this one out. I am not a Leica purist (mia culpa I'm guilty of violating the purity code) I mix and match when I take pictures, sometimes it's all Leica gear but not always, and truth be told, I'm also not so keen anymore on providing free advertising for Leica products given their inflated (IMHO) pricing policy.

Best of luck with this.

Edited by wilfredo