biglouis

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Robert,

Sounds like a fun trip, as do some of the other ideas mentioned.

I'm keen to join the next meeting and don't really mind where or when, although of course if the time/date is no good I may not make it ....

BUT can the next London meet be in London, please. Time and finances may make some of the grander suggestions difficult for some of us, unless perhaps they were "one off" extras in addition to a regular local meeting. No offence intended to the lateral thinkers.

Tim

...Now if I can sell those two pictures.....:)

OK, lots of ideas. I did start the thread so perhaps I should chime in. November 21st is the best date for me at present. I just don't have the time or energy to commit to anything other than a meetup in London.

Question is: late morning session, followed by lunch somewhere, followed by walk at dusk/early evening followed by some us still going into the night, or just the walk late afternoon followed by drinks/dinner etc?

Brian could make an executive decision here!

LouisB

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Question is: late morning session, followed by lunch somewhere, followed by walk at dusk/early evening followed by some us still going into the night, or just the walk late afternoon followed by drinks/dinner etc?

LouisB

I like the sound of the first option!

I'm in! Hopefully we can find time to get run off 'private property' as we have tripods and no permits and get our collar's felt for snapping 'kid in parks' or even better - detained under the prevention of Terrorism Act for snapping bobbies outside the Houses of Parliament. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Have not chimed in on this as my son was due back from Afghanistan on the 20th Nov but as he now gets back on the 28th I can make this and time we had another meet.

If the consensus is Soho (ish) we could all meet up at:

The Photographers Gallery (Bakerloo, Central and Victoria lines)

16-18 Ramillies Street

London

W1F 7LW

The Photographers Gallery web site

They open at 1100 and have a café - handy if the weather is iffy - and gives those travelling from outside the M25 a decent start. We can then bimble down Carnaby St and all points east into Soho/Chinatown for late lunch? I have an evening commitment so will peel off around 1600-1700.

Just an idea but I am up for anything, just need the weather on side. ;)