London Meet - any ideas?

biglouis

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Keith - you will be most welcome if you can make it.

Updated list:

Louis - (biglouis)

Ian - (ptarmigan)

James - (earlygallery)

Brian - (spylaw4)

Bill - (bill)

Pete - (Farnz)

Steve - (Steve Kessel)

Richard - (Courtney)

Tom & Eileen - (lanetomlane)

Dominic - (bartok)

George - (George James)

Alan - (Alan Philpotts)

Michael - (Michael Boylan)

Bob - (gravastar)

Andy - (MPerson)

Tim (Tim B)

Roydonian

Keith (kbingman)

Unconfirmed:

David - (dpattinson)

Robert - (robert parker)

1100 Saturday 21st November 2009 in the Café

The Photographers Gallery (Bakerloo, Central and Victoria lines)

16-18 Ramillies Street

London

W1F 7LW

The Photographers Gallery web site

Planned Tube disruptions

19 and counting.......

We are still hoping to make the meeting. However, First Capital Connect have been having a shortage of drivers at the weekends, and in fact last weekend, no trains whatsoever ran on the Peterborough to Kings Cross line. If that's the case again this coming weekend we may not be able to get there.

Looking forward to hopefully meeting everyone on Saturday and if we cannot make it, hope everyone else has a great time.

Kind regards to all, Tom

Photography by Tom Lane

I am planning to go to see the Jane Bown exhibition at Kings Place Gallery on Saturday (the last date for this exhibition). It does not open until 12:00, so I am hoping to call into the Photographer's Gallery on my way there to see if Bill has found a resolution to his brass banding problem with his minty M11.

I am planning to go to see the Jane Bown exhibition at Kings Place Gallery on Saturday (the last date for this exhibition). It does not open until 12:00, so I am hoping to call into the Photographer's Gallery on my way there to see if Bill has found a resolution to his brass banding problem with his minty M11.

Nope... still happening... look:

1967317133_50b4a2add1_o.jpg

Regards,

Bill

Still planning to come. Bit worried if 19 blokes can make a decision about what to do if it is p*ss*ng down and no one fancies a 20 minute walk to the Chandos... of course there is always the tube and the opportunities that George has shown us recently to take some inspiring pictures on the way.

Hmmm.... I could have a First Capital Connect problem as well since I'm travelling on the Peterborough-Kings Cross line. Latest Service Bulletin says optimistically "There are currently no reported incidents affecting this journey." We shall see.

Bob.

Still planning to come. Bit worried if 19 blokes can make a decision about what to do if it is p*ss*ng down and no one fancies a 20 minute walk to the Chandos... of course there is always the tube and the opportunities that George has shown us recently to take some inspiring pictures on the way.

Nearest pub surely :)

Hmmm.... I could have a First Capital Connect problem as well since I'm travelling on the Peterborough-Kings Cross line. Latest Service Bulletin says optimistically "There are currently no reported incidents affecting this journey." We shall see.

Bob.

Bob,

Looks like you'll be okay if you avoid the times below. From FCC's website:

"Regrettably the following cancellations are planned on the Great Northern route tomorrow (Saturday 21 November)."

Northbound

2036 Kings Cross – Peterborough

0036 Kings Cross – Peterborough

Southbound

0645 Peterborough – Kings Cross

1745 Peterborough – Kings Cross

2145 Peterborough – Kings Cross

2242 Peterborough – Kings Cross

Pete.

Quite a turnout and thanks to the weather Gods. Great to meet everyone and apologies for leaving early but I have to be in Bedford tonight.

Hope the long distance members all make it home OK and your trains are running.

Maybe we ought to have a prize for the longest distance travelled. I'll gladly donate a roll of Kodachrome 64. ;)