"Do you know the world ?" -- Competition --

T00m

The Danube (blue - unsurprisingly) ..... is on the right ....... and the height of the river and colour on the left gives another clue ...

.... and if you want to cheat I am sure I have posted this image before .....

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Never mind, Ottof. I was there on business in 2009. The Patriarch Paul of the Orthodox church had just passed away. A line of people with a length of at least 2 miles run through the city, all waiting to pay their respect.

Let's us wait for confirmation. If you like, you can have a go.

Belgrade it is Lars and Otto ...... this was last year when most of Serbia was flooded ..... and you can clearly see the brown floodwater from the River Sava as it joins the Danube. I was accompanying my partner who was at a conference for 4 days ..... so I got to know the city and it's rather limited sights rather too well having nothing else to do....

....... and also accidentally exchanged suitcases with a Serbian businessman in the Airport on arrival as he helped me use the currency machine .... I discovered at the taxi rank that I had a case full of clothes ...... and he had $30,000 of Leica camera equipment :eek:

Luckily we both frantically met on the escalator having realised with horror what had happened ....... :rolleyes:

over to you Lars ..... or Otto ....

Edited by thighslapper
  • Like 1

..... and if I hadn't insisted on going to the toilets before I got in the minibus I would have been at the hotel before I realised ......

.... when I got back from the toilet my partner mentioned that she didn't think I had the right case ...... of course all the carry-on cases are the same size and most of them are black.....

if I hadn't already been to the loo I would have been incontinent with panic ..... I still get palpitations when I think about it .......:o

Thank you, guys.

This should be easy. Where are we?

Lars

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!