Do you know the Simeras?

wolan

Advertisement (gone after registration)

vor 26 Minuten schrieb pippy:

Thanks for posting the photos. Is it just me looking in the wrong place(s) or is the lens back-focussing slightly? I'm not sure what were your focus points. I do like the rendering.

Unfortunately the price for these lenses here in the UK has taken a hike from what was already a mark far higher than the going rate in the USA. Having just checked using today's exchange rate instead of the $699 these things go for in the States in Britain we'd have to hand over the equivalent of $960!!!

Somehow, at that price, I doubt Thypoch will get very many UK sales...

Philip.

This might be user issues ;) I took the freehand and I guess at f/1.4 every bit of movement of the head might cause tiny issues. Focus was always in the middle, on the 39 in one image (zooming in I see that I didn't get it perfect) and on the little red sign on the bike. Here's another one wide open and at F/2, I think this is as good as it gets: https://we.tl/t-ziHIAzMGee

The UK price seems really high. I bought it for 760 EUR, which seems to be in line with the US pricing, since they usually are the price without tax.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Almizilero said:

...The UK price seems really high. I bought it for 760 EUR, which seems to be in line with the US pricing, since they usually are the price without tax...

Interesting.

I've just converted the price as-advertised in Sterling (£754.80) from what seems to be the only dealership in the UK to list the lens and it works out to be 886 EUR;

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Perhaps we have the fall-out from Brexit to thank yet again?...

Philip.

EDIT : Sorry! I forgot to say that those two frames both look good to me!

Edited by pippy

• 4 weeks later...

Saw the press conference live stream, their Chinese rep said that Thypoch (pronounced Thai -poch) name is made of words thy epoch, "your era" and their lens name "Simera" comes from Greek (σήμερα) and means "today" because this line of lenses is very modern, very "today".

• Like 2