Mr. Kaufmann on S2 price, production start, R-compability

redfalo

Advertisement (gone after registration)

And than when you click you read this:

Now Taking Deposits for First Shipments Mid-2009, Pricing is for deposit, actual price to be determined by Leica USA when product is released.

So I guess they want to stay on the safe side...

I personally think this 'estimated price' as way too high...

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

By the way, I saw that this dealer has listed the S2 body for sale at $24,995. What is up with that?

.......and I thought the M8-2 pricing was optimistic. If that price is anything other than "pie in the sky" - which is what I suspect it is, the S2 will really struggle to sell against Phase Ones, Leafs and Hassys. For that price, I can buy a "new" Contax 645 outfit from Hong Kong and a P45+ back plus a couple of extra lenses.

Wilson

By the way, I saw that this dealer has listed the S2 body for sale at $24,995. What is up with that?

The West Coast Cameras Leica Specialty Shop - Your #1 Leica USA Authorized Dealer

Click on:

"Now Taking Deposits for First Shipments Mid-2009, Pricing is for deposit, actual price to be determined by Leica USA when product is released., Lenses sold Separately."

A very strange move by the dealer... they do publish a very high price (for the body only... not a single info on lenses pricing and availability), then specify is a deposit only, real price unknown...lenses are a mistery... I wonder which sense there is in this, and also if their "outing" is someway endorsed by Leica...

A very strange move by the dealer... they do publish a very high price (for the body only... not a single info on lenses pricing and availability), then specify is a deposit only, real price unknown...lenses are a mistery... I wonder which sense there is in this, and also if their "outing" is someway endorsed by Leica...

Could just be a way to get some cashflow going in these hard times :-|

And than when you click you read this:

Now Taking Deposits for First Shipments Mid-2009, Pricing is for deposit, actual price to be determined by Leica USA when product is released.

Which is not very nice to do... Martin Meister just took my pre-order for the Summilux 21 and refused any deposit. As it should be...

Which is not very nice to do... Martin Meister just took my pre-order for the Summilux 21 and refused any deposit. As it should be...

Agreed, Jaap. This $25.000 dealer in the US is making a bad move with this 'deposit', I think.

Don't think Leica will be happy with this either. Now this 25k figure is 'out there' and we all know how the internet works...

BTW I read lots of good things about Meister. Would love to have some extra cash and try them :)

Meister in both Berlin and Hamburg are great places to shop, both in person as well as via e-mail. I've ordered thing there 15.00 in the afternoon and had them the next day here in Denmark.

Also, part of their service is that you can negotiate prices (because the prices on the 2nd hand products in the shop and online is often the prices set when they got the stuff in. But as prices can change due to demand and/or that they suddenly find themself with 10 of the same item).

As for "the 25,000$" dealer they don't seem that qualified. I looked under DMR in their shop and all I found was a 4GB card SDHC which wouldn't be compatible with the DMR. And a few other funny things. I think they're just trying to look wise and well stocked.

But Leica should get them to stop issuing prices.

Interesting. I ordered the same ting from the same place (well, the Hamburg store) and they will not charge me till they ship. He indicated "some time in February" - is that about your time estimate as well? Here in SIngapore the Leica distributor will only say "Mid-2009". I'm content to wait till Feb anyway. Too busy scanning my old negatives and slides. Incidentally, I got a Konika-Minolta scanner on e-Bay- it's very good. Though it's now out of production the Windows and Mac software is still downloadable from their web site along with the manual.