Overgaard's lenses shade

Advertisement (gone after registration)

34 minutes ago, patrickcolpron said:

To answer the question I just thought I needed added protection for the front element on a 50 Lux  at a specific client in Paris where space was thigh. The lens retractable hood didn't stay in pace... It is the only location where I used it a few times only to realise it didn't make a difference. 

I, too, like to use an attachable hood, to protect a Summilux 50 ASPH or APO Summicron 75 ASPH, in some conditions, though each lens has a sliding hood. Replacement of a sliding hood requires a lengthy trip to a Leica service center, or to an independent repair service. Mine is an Overgaard hood, acquired pre-owned, through the “evil bay,” almost six years ago, so, the price was quite reasonable, and the seller shipped quickly.

Another way to protect the outer rim of a lens, or the outer edge of an expensive filter, is to use a step-up adapter ring. I bought several, Heliopan brand, quite nicely made, which are constructed of black-finished brass. 

I noticed a dent, on the rim of the aluminum bayonet-style hood, that was mounted on one of my Zeiss ZM lenses. I did not recall any incident that could have caused the damage, but am glad that a user-removable, user-replaceable hood absorbed the force. I had tended to leave the camera on a table, in a common room, in our home, so, well, let’s just say that I have learned to keep my nice things better-hidden. 

I consider myself to be clumsy, due to poor proprioception. (I could never have hoped to have been a gymnast, and you would not want me to be your airline pilot!) I managed to bash the door frames of automobiles and buildings, a few times, with the plastic lens hoods of Canon SLR/DSLR lenses, especially my ultra-wide zoom, mostly when I was still learning and adjusting to carrying a camera. M-mount lenses trend smaller than SLR-mount lenses, so, have bashed them into no door frames, that I can recall, but, the potential is there.  

Posted (edited)
vor 22 Stunden schrieb Warton:

this is harsh

and

vor 4 Stunden schrieb patrickcolpron:

That's a weird comment

Hi there, you are fully right: My comment came across harsch and weird. I am sorry about that. Just understand that when I hear "Overgaard" I just think of crocodile leather bags and I wonder why people have any connection to that kind of things. So I will not comment any longer and I hope that you all will eventually get the items that you have ordered. 

Edited by M11 for me
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, M11 for me said:

and

Hi there, you are fully right: My comment came across harsch and weird. I am sorry about that. Just understand that when I hear "Overgaard" I just think of crocodile leather bags and I wonder why people have any connection to that kind of things. So I will not comment any longer and I hope that you all will eventually get the items that you have ordered. 

I don't take anything personal, no need to apologise just realise your comments says more about you than it does about me. 

I purchased that lens hood before that crocodile leather "camera" man-purse thing. I never took him seriously as a photographer or a photography teacher but that's not here or there. I am not a better photographer than him or anyone else for that matter. I shouldn't throw stones in a glass house. 

There is no need to justify one's purchase decision or deride another man's purchases. 

To each his own. 

P.S.: That crocodile man purse still makes me laugh to this day, thank you for reminding me of his purple bag. I had to Google it just now, he calls it "Blue Crocodile", still looks purple to me. Who designs a camera bag with a zip top anyways... But again who am I to judge? 

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

I then contacted PayPal and got a refund after a month.

His @Overgaard site is a scam and has many victims.
I contacted paypal to not provide a paypal button.
They responded that they would verify.

His site has already been called a scammer here as well. No wonder.

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/overgaard.com

There are several reports on this site and the situation is exactly the same.
I have not heard from them at all after my purchase. No reply to emails.
The product is never shipped. Just money is taken.

He just waits for the buyer to give up.
He knows that after a certain period of time, the credit card company will not even accept a refund.

And he is trying to get away with stealing money without responding to any of the points made by his victims in these forums.

To be clear, this is a scam.

He has been using the Leica brand to commit fraud for years.
I will be contacting Leica headquarters in Germany about this as well.

Edited by antikythera
  • Like 2

Interesting bag (I have never seen such an ugly camera bag). And so cheap. Should order a different color for each day of the week 😁

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

55 minutes ago, Al Brown said:

What is super weird to me is that Mr. Overgaard is an active member of this forum yet intentionally does not respond to these numerous issues. 

Pretty much like Leica itself never responding in anyway to criticisms posted here on the LUF as well……….Sounds of Silence.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

speaking from experience when I bought a soon to be published e-book from him, and after months of not getting it he never responded to multiple emails, comments on his website, etc. - best thing: call your credit card company and cancel the transaction/get a refund.

I will NEVER buy anything from him again, no matter how good/must have it is. And I have serious doubts whether his lens hood falls into that category.

And I'm curious, why did you bought his lens hood? Was it to deal with viewfinder blockage by a particular lens you've got, and if so, are you sure that his lens would solve the problem? Or did you buy simply for aesthetics, in which case there are other similar lens hoods on Amazon, and likewise Voigt makes some nice ones.

3 hours ago, Smudgerer said:

Pretty much like Leica itself never responding in anyway to criticisms posted here on the LUF as well……….Sounds of Silence.

oh there is a response  . . . crickets

3 hours ago, Smudgerer said:

Not never. Stefan Daniel did finally post here years ago, issuing an apology and explanation surrounding the M9 sensor corrosion issue. This happened only after the forum “exploded” with discussion.

But the S lens AF motor debacle never prompted any similar public response.  I suspected that this difference in communication reflected, at least in part, the value of the M customer base for Leica.  We’ll see if the M11 issues reach sufficient noise levels to prompt response.

Jeff

• Like 1

5 hours ago, letitz said:

Well. He is with the man himself right now so. Give them a call. 

OMG. 

Daniel @Stefan Danielis a very nice guy and it's a shame that he was photographed with this scammer @Overgaard.

Of course, when I emailed Leica, they would not reply. But they value their reputation above all else as a brand, so at least they won't be asking scammers to do reviews, etc.

Here is another report.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Leica/comments/179z7ws/my_experience_with_thorsten_overgaard/

3 hours ago, letitz said:

Let's see what they're talking about. Oh. It's back in 2012! This is when the M240 came out. Hahaha. They're lying down on the floor side by side...under a table? WTF is happening 

Today is April 1st.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Who dares to add a comment ? 

• Haha 2

This reminds on the endless discussions about his „workshops“ where you learn that a Noctilux is the only lens in the world and you can just shoot it 0.95 to get the „best“ pictures.

I am just guessing of how many lens shades he needs to sell to be able to pay an audit session in Clearwater. 😜

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 4/3/2024 at 2:57 PM, chris7273 said:

Who dares to add a comment ? 

Funny how the scammer give a 90% discount.
Instead, the remaining 10% would be a fair price.
Well, they don't even ship.

According to this thread, a guy inquired about the hoods not arriving and they were sent from China.
So the hood this scammer is selling for 200 EURO is about $20 if you buy it on aliexpress.

My guess is that this scammer does not have any inventory. I can easily assume that he is doing group buys. So when he gets a certain number of orders, he places an order and stocks it.

Well, whatever it is, it's a scam.

Edited by antikythera

12 hours ago, antikythera said:

Funny how the scammer give a 90% discount.
Instead, the remaining 10% would be a fair price.
Well, they don't even ship.

According to this thread, a guy inquired about the hoods not arriving and they were sent from China.
So the hood this scammer is selling for 200 EURO is about $20 if you buy it on aliexpress.

My guess is that this scammer does not have any inventory. I can easily assume that he is doing group buys. So when he gets a certain number of orders, he places an order and stocks it.

Well, whatever it is, it's a scam.

Perhaps drop shipping

• Haha 1