Do M11 EXIF files denote Shutter Type used, e.g., Mech or Elec.?

LBJ2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Does anyone know if M11 EXIF denotes the shutter type used e.g., Mechanical or Electronic. If, so under what value description in the EXIF file? I already searched EXIF for possible values: Shutter, Mechanical, Electronic etc. 

On 3/3/2024 at 11:23 AM, LBJ2 said:

Does anyone know if M11 EXIF denotes the shutter type used e.g., Mechanical or Electronic. If, so under what value description in the EXIF file? I already searched EXIF for possible values: Shutter, Mechanical, Electronic etc. 

if it does I can't say I have spotted it

I usually go by light banding to decide 🙂

• Haha 1

I was sure someone was going to make this comment 😜

Believe it or not I have been surprised at what I can get away with the M11 in electronic shutter mode if subject movements are not too exaggerated across the frame. Subject distance helps t too. Sometimes I forget and leave the camera in electronic shutter mode and was hoping there might be some value(s) in the EXIF to determine one way or the other. I almost always shoot the Sony A1 in electronic shutter mode so for me ,easy to not notice the lack of mechanical shutter sound on the M11 if I'm inadvertently in electronic shutter mode. 

On 3/3/2024 at 6:23 PM, LBJ2 said:

Does anyone know if M11 EXIF denotes the shutter type used e.g., Mechanical or Electronic [...]

I have never seen this so far. Last check with RawDigger, to no avail.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...