M11-Z with Eye Gesture Controls ...

Datsch

Advertisement (gone after registration)

This fell through a wormhole in time and space, a glimpse to a future M ...  🙃

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Haha 1

Just in case you were worried about moving the dials accidentally with your nose for example, you have to double tap the dial, turn to choose your setting and then slide outwards radially to release.

And of course, we blink naturally, involuntarily. But these natural blinks are much faster than an intentional wink. So the software can easily distinguish. Unless you are @Stef63 who apparently has superhuman winking abilities ... 🙂

In music software, having a photorepresentation of classic gear like EQs and compressors has been around for a while. Your get to turn dials with your mouse (a little awkward) but it looks like you are using an old UA 1176 or Neve 1073. So I thought it was about time to apply this to camera screens, which have such boring digits and slider displays.

What old dials would you like to have on the back of your M? Perhaps the M3 shutter speed dial? (who needs more than 1/1000 anyway?) ... 😉

Edited by Datsch
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Datsch said:

Just in case you were worried about moving the dials accidentally with your nose for example, you have to double tap the dial, turn to choose your setting and then slide outwards radially to release.

And of course, we blink naturally, involuntarily. But these natural blinks are much faster than an intentional wink. So the software can easily distinguish. Unless you are @Stef63 who apparently has superhuman winking abilities ... 🙂

In music software, having a photorepresentation of classic gear like EQs and compressors has been around for a while. Your get to turn dials with your mouse (a little awkward) but it looks like you are using an old UA 1176 or Neve 1073. So I thought it was about time to apply this to camera screens, which have such boring digits and slider displays.

What old dials would you like to have on the back of your M? Perhaps the M3 shutter speed dial? (who needs more than 1/1000 anyway?) ... 😉

And for 'chaps' with glasses with reflections etc? The shutter speed dial would be a lot slower to use than a physical one, of course. I'm surprised that you did not suggest that the camera should contain a little AI gnome (leprechaun in the Irish edition) who would do the blinking and other photo taking activities for you. Then what you would have left is a nice ornament or piece of male or female jewellery that you could place on a table with a cup of fancy coffee to take photographs of with your smartphone for posting on your social media accounts. Better still, the gnome in your camera could send the gnome in your phone an AI image, ready-made for posting on your social media accounts. The possibilities are endless.

William 

1 hour ago, jgeenen said:

Ok, and winking with both eyes simultaneously will focus the lens? 🫣 And squinting will change the aperture? Or was it the other way around?

Yes, eye gestures are probably even more appropriate for Q3-Z or SL2-Z cameras as you can do stuff like that, and of course eye tracking to move around focus  points or select menu items etc.

1 hour ago, willeica said:

And for 'chaps' with glasses with reflections etc? The shutter speed dial would be a lot slower to use than a physical one, of course. I'm surprised that you did not suggest that the camera should contain a little AI gnome (leprechaun in the Irish edition) who would do the blinking and other photo taking activities for you. Then what you would have left is a nice ornament or piece of male or female jewellery that you could place on a table with a cup of fancy coffee to take photographs of with your smartphone for posting on your social media accounts. Better still, the gnome in your camera could send the gnome in your phone an AI image, ready-made for posting on your social media accounts. The possibilities are endless.

William 

Hardly very eco-gnome-ical to have to pay for two gnomes ... and where's your festive spirit? Shouldn't they be elves? 😅

I think that the software could learn to see your eye through your glasses -- maybe with some setup test protocol ...

vor 1 Stunde schrieb charlesphoto99:

I'm waiting for the mind control model. 

elegant idea - though from experience, working myself in that field, it's a bit unreliable to interpret the brain's signal, the more as it has its own mind, like partners too, or children...!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Datsch said:

and where's your festive spirit? Shouldn't they be elves? 😅

I just wanted to work in the leprechauns, but they are more for St Patrick's Day than for Christmas. They can even find a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow which would take account of the RGB element 🌈 .

William

• Haha 1