Leica M11 Firmware V 2.0.1

LUF Admin

Advertisement (gone after registration)

10 hours ago, chris7273 said:

Is it possible to reinstall the previous version ? I would like to check something with my visoflex as it stopped working after the upgrade to the new firmware version. Maybe just a coincidence but I would like to test with the version 1.6.1.

I found this version on the uae leica website (https://www.leicauae.com/support/firmware-updates/), transfered it to the sd card but it(s not recognised in the upgrade menu…

As far as I know, common knowledge says that it's not possible to downgrade via the normal firmware update procedure. I think it's probable that there is a way for Leica to do it, but whether they would perform the service for you on request is debatable. However, I have never tried to downgrade...maybe someone else can weigh in with a more definitive answer. I would probably revert back to 1.6.1 as well, if it were feasible.

Can you possibly test the Visoflex with another camera, perhaps at a store? 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, chris7273 said:

Is it possible to reinstall the previous version ? I would like to check something with my visoflex as it stopped working after the upgrade to the new firmware version. Maybe just a coincidence but I would like to test with the version 1.6.1.

I found this version on the uae leica website (https://www.leicauae.com/support/firmware-updates/), transfered it to the sd card but it(s not recognised in the upgrade menu…

It's probably an unfortunate coincidence, but I don't think the update caused it to stop working.
Unfortunately, downgrading with the Leica released firmwares isn't possible. I've checked this now again. 

Have you tried anything to remedy the Visoflex? Soft cotton bud with some rubbing alcohol on the silver contacts on the camera hotshot. On the Visoflex, clean the flat gold contacts. 

With my M11, my Visoflex stopped working once completely, but it was the camera interface because coincidently my flashes also pretty much worked sporadically. I cleaned the silver camera contacts and have never had a problem since, which must be over 1.5 years now ago, and I don't use a hotshot cover. 

I hope it's as simple for you. Otherwise test another Visoflex if you can or a flash unit and see if it triggers... hopefully that can help with diagnosing camera vs Visoflex.

Edited by hmzimelka
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello everyone, following a small breakdown at the Australian Leica store a used Leica M11 Titanium with a 50mm F1.4, between the exchange rate and the Tax free of the airport, we will say that it was a good business...^^
But that's not the subject but the M11 Freezers are a disaster... it's really incredible given the price of the case.
I knew about it but I didn't think it would influence photography.

Here's what's happening: the box is blocked, but you can continue taking photos, except that no photos are recorded, and if you're not careful you can spend a lot of time (15min, 30min..1H ..) to take photos without knowing it...unless you use the screen...but if you spend your time with the rangefinder...impossible to realize it....
In short, I missed a lot of photos...in itself it's not very serious...but at this price...I'm really disappointed...otherwise the camera is perfect...even if there has a big tendency sometimes to take rosy photos...same mentioned on the international forum.

If the Freeze has happened to other don't hesitate to exchange... :) 
Good day to all

8 hours ago, Alx99fr said:

Hello everyone, following a small breakdown at the Australian Leica store a used Leica M11 Titanium with a 50mm F1.4, between the exchange rate and the Tax free of the airport, we will say that it was a good business...^^
But that's not the subject but the M11 Freezers are a disaster... it's really incredible given the price of the case.

Here's what's happening: the box is blocked, but you can continue taking photos, except that no photos are recorded, and if you're not careful you can spend a lot of time (15min, 30min..1H ..) to take photos without knowing it...unless you use the screen...but if you spend your time with the rangefinder...impossible to realize it....
In short, I missed a lot of photos...in itself it's not very serious...but at this price...I'm really disappointed...otherwise the camera is perfect...even if there has a big tendency sometimes to take rosy photos...same mentioned on the international forum.

Good day to all

What on earth is an M11 Titanium? What is "box is blocked"?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/28/2023 at 2:26 PM, hmzimelka said:

It's probably an unfortunate coincidence, but I don't think the update caused it to stop working.
Unfortunately, downgrading with the Leica released firmwares isn't possible. I've checked this now again. 

Have you tried anything to remedy the Visoflex? Soft cotton bud with some rubbing alcohol on the silver contacts on the camera hotshot. On the Visoflex, clean the flat gold contacts. 

With my M11, my Visoflex stopped working once completely, but it was the camera interface because coincidently my flashes also pretty much worked sporadically. I cleaned the silver camera contacts and have never had a problem since, which must be over 1.5 years now ago, and I don't use a hotshot cover. 

I hope it's as simple for you. Otherwise test another Visoflex if you can or a flash unit and see if it triggers... hopefully that can help with diagnosing camera vs Visoflex.

You are probably right : unfortunate coincidence. I also installed the new firmware and it made no difference... 

I already tried all the possible cleaning, with contact cleaner. The central contacts and the small pins, both on the body and on the visoflex. No luck. 

I will go to the Leica shop in Brussels with the body and the visoflex and I hope that they have a demo M11 or a Visoflex to test with my own equipment and isolate the culprit. I really hope that it's the Visoflex and not the M11 because of all the horror stories about the time to repair when the equipment goes back to the Leica repair dept. 

Advertisement (gone after registration)

2 hours ago, chris7273 said:

You are probably right : unfortunate coincidence. I also installed the new firmware and it made no difference... 

I already tried all the possible cleaning, with contact cleaner. The central contacts and the small pins, both on the body and on the visoflex. No luck. 

I will go to the Leica shop in Brussels with the body and the visoflex and I hope that they have a demo M11 or a Visoflex to test with my own equipment and isolate the culprit. I really hope that it's the Visoflex and not the M11 because of all the horror stories about the time to repair when the equipment goes back to the Leica repair dept. 

Good luck! You could also try the Visoflex on an M10-R or M10M to check if it works... 

On 12/1/2023 at 3:14 PM, slimsnapped said:

Does this update fix the "Internal Memory Full" glitch? Got that at a wedding last night and had only captured 20 photos

Hmmm, I've never seen that error and I always shoot using the internal memory on my M11. Granted, I have never filled it up, but I have come close. 

On 11/29/2023 at 12:13 PM, Alx99fr said:

Good day to all

Sounds more like you're suffering from low-IQ AI 😂