Thinking about the M10-P

WigertP

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I'm thinking of buying a used M10-P.
A former colleague is offering me the camera+box+50mm Nokton lens for 4 500 USD.
He got it brand new from Leica when it first got released and he's been taking good care of it.

I have tried it out and fell in love with the experience – having only used the X100V prior, needless to say I was blown away by the image and build quality.

Now to my question(s).

– Is this a fair price?
– No way to tell how many exposures the camera has had and my main concern is what happens if the shutter gives up? Any way to send it in for repairs? And what would be the price of such a repair you believe?

Thanks, loving this forum!

The shutter will wear not before 350.000 actuations on average if at all. Earlier shutter failure is always for mechanical reasons. Leica’s technical service is excellent if rather expensive and slow. 

• Like 2

I got a screamin' deal on my M10-P silver chrome body a couple of months ago at $4700.  Your offer is excellent.  The improvements over the M10 are more than worth the extra money to me.   As @jaapv says, you shouldn't have to worry about the shutter.  Although of course any given camera can have a failure, and AFAIK Leica doesn't quote an MTBF on their shutters, the shutter's MTBF ought to be at least 200k clicks.  

You won't regret picking up that M10-P.  I think it'll be the M6 of the digital camera line.  

Edited by hepcat