Q3 1.3 firmware

Miltz

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 9/29/2023 at 2:59 PM, kIB said:

Couldn't update via Leica Fotos - there was connection and there was pairing, but it didn't work.
Became stubborn, so I used approx. 2 hours ;)

In the end I tried the "old fashioned" way and it worked.
Hope it gets easier with Leica Fotos next update, kinda disappointed it didn't work (have quite a few other paired things that work fine)

Mine finally showed up in the Fotos app.  On the third or fourth try, I left the app open, and it just appeared in there below the camera list.  Maybe it's a download problem caused by my location??  It did finally work though.  Disappointing as it was.  I'm betting on a major upgrade in the not-too-distant future.  

Just got my camera a few days ago, took 66 pictures then noticed the 1.3 firmware update (which I did via SD card method).  Only had to reset a few things, but what is upsetting is that my filename when from L10000066 to L10100001.  For years I have used continuous file # naming on my cameras as a way of approximating my shutter count.  I tried the method noted above of moving my last file to a card and hoping the camera would just renumber from there, but it just continued with the L101xxxx numbering.  Having just sold two cameras in order to afford the Q3, I know how import shutter count is.  

My question, does anyone know if I were to completely RESET my camera, would it go back to the L1000001 naming?  Just thought I'd ask before going through a worthless experiment.  Any other recommended solutions?

vor 30 Minuten schrieb Pelu2010:

Hey, 

I am experiencing very long delay of saving images, sometime even if I only make one image at the time. 
the viewfinder turns black and it take 5-10 sec. Until I can see the the refresh of the viewfinder. Is this a known issue? 

No, I can't confirm that.
With AfS and single image the blackout lasts 1sec.
However, retrieving the images in the image view takes about 5 seconds.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

4 hours ago, JimKnopf said:

Switching it off now takes 6 to 10 seconds with 1.3.
Switching on takes about 3 seconds
Overall, the performance and responsiveness to inputs is significantly slower than SL or M.

An idiosyncrasy.  I always charge my battery in the charger, usually over night.  In the morning when I re-insert the 100% charged  battery, the startup is 1s or less.  Any other morning, if the battery has been left in, and the camera hasn't been used for 12 or more hours, the startup time is about 3s or even more.  I've learned to live with it.

With no need last night to charge the battery, the battery had been left in the Q3 and the camera had not been used for 24 hours.  Normally it would take the 3s or more at startup.  However, for curiosity, I popped out the battery for a few seconds, popped it back in, and, viola, it started up in 1s or less!  Interesting, to say the least. Any theories?

Bob

vor 35 Minuten schrieb BobsFirstLeica:

An idiosyncrasy.  I always charge my battery in the charger, usually over night.  In the morning when I re-insert the 100% charged  battery, the startup is 1s or less.  Any other morning, if the battery has been left in, and the camera hasn't been used for 12 or more hours, the startup time is about 3s or even more.  I've learned to live with it.

With no need last night to charge the battery, the battery had been left in the Q3 and the camera had not been used for 24 hours.  Normally it would take the 3s or more at startup.  However, for curiosity, I popped out the battery for a few seconds, popped it back in, and, viola, it started up in 1s or less!  Interesting, to say the least. Any theories?

Bob

No, I can't confirm that.

3 hours ago, BobsFirstLeica said:

Bob

No theory but I might invest in one of these, the colour matches so what's not to like ? 😆

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Ok I got my Q3 last Friday, shot with it Saturday night .. everything working good.. now after updating to 1.3 the other day, tonight when I used it at a show the AF - L & AE- L don’t stay locked any more. After I shoot the go back to unlock .. was locking fine before update.

Anyone else? 

1 hour ago, mrlouie said:

Ok I got my Q3 last Friday, shot with it Saturday night .. everything working good.. now after updating to 1.3 the other day, tonight when I used it at a show the AF - L & AE- L don’t stay locked any more. After I shoot the go back to unlock .. was locking fine before update.

Anyone else? 

My AE Lock never stayed locked with any of the firmware. It locked when the button was pressed and after I took the shot it was unlocked and I would have to lock it again.

Today I installed the new 1.3 software. The camera freezes randomly and I can't take pictures after I've made 2. Also the camera won't turn off anymore when turning the off button.

Any idea what is wrong? Can I install an older software?
This is a joke for that amount of money.

10 hours ago, redlstoff said:

Today I installed the new 1.3 software. The camera freezes randomly and I can't take pictures after I've made 2. Also the camera won't turn off anymore when turning the off button.

Any idea what is wrong? Can I install an older software?
This is a joke for that amount of money.

Have you tried resetting the camera or pulling the battery out for a long period of time. This is very odd behavior. Did you have any issues before going to 1.3?

Unfortunately the battery still drains when the camera is turned off with the 1.3 firmware. 2 days without usage will incur about 20% drop in battery. This also happened before on 1.2. 
I turned off the wifi feature to see if that makes any difference but unfortunately not. Also have EVF at 60fps and power saving features are standard (which shouldn't come into play if its turned off).

A bit annoying and don't think i'm the only one affected. I use the wireless charging grip and sit it on there now to help compensate and ensure the battery is always topped up. I also invested in a spare. 

4 hours ago, rich_ said:

Unfortunately the battery still drains when the camera is turned off with the 1.3 firmware. 2 days without usage will incur about 20% drop in battery. This also happened before on 1.2. 
I turned off the wifi feature to see if that makes any difference but unfortunately not. Also have EVF at 60fps and power saving features are standard (which shouldn't come into play if its turned off).

A bit annoying and don't think i'm the only one affected. I use the wireless charging grip and sit it on there now to help compensate and ensure the battery is always topped up. I also invested in a spare. 

Try with Connectivity Modes set to OFF (All RF connections deactivated).