Black paint M6 “Leitz Auction” with matching 50/1.2 Noctilux

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just 20 worldwide. What a timeless beauty.

Thoughts?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Al Brown

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Perhaps these embarrassing special editions allow Leica to make enough money to keep pushing real cameras out the door. I hate to think they have valued staff on hand who scheme up these things. The gold-plated editions are harmless but also a mild mockery of the real thing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Al Brown said:

So the logo can be golden as well… no Geosystems back story lol…

Yup.  Same deal with the bogus black logo.  Geosystems back story and then one of the limited edition Q2s was released w the black dot.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, madNbad said:

And we will never know if it's a film scratcher...

And seeing how the limited edition titanium M-A is allergic to its finish, we'll never know if this one holds on to its paint appropriately..

I hate this luxury branding horseshit. 

I would call the buyers of this thing suckers but then they have so much money that they don't even notice the difference in the balance once they receive it, put it on their shelf and forget about it. 

This nonsense is the reason I wish my M10 was branded Nikon or something else. I love the tools themselves, I could do without literally everything else about it. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pgh said:

I would call the buyers of this thing suckers but then they have so much money that they don't even notice the difference in the balance once they receive it, put it on their shelf and forget about it. 

Well, we all called the 100 buyers of 15K silver 50/1.2 re-edition noctiluxes suckers but hey, that thing is worth 60-80K now, just as this black paint combo will be worth 100K next month. The original buyers are not suckers. Those who buy from them are.

Edited by Al Brown

Oh my god, this camera is really ugly. Sometimes there are really beautiful editions like the Zagato M10. But this one is far away from understatement and style. Ok , it helps Leica to earn some extra money, but not my taste at all. In Germany there is right now a new law to legalize Cannabis. I think the designers of this camera were in the test group with Cannabis. This is the only explanation which I have for this camera. 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Zeitblom said:

I seem to remember a similar wallpaper pattern in a great-aunt's kitchen-living room.
The brown tone probably came from a lot of her cooking fumes.

It immediately reminded me of the colour of nicotine on the grubby walls of an old bar or public house. It's almost a hark back in style to Victorian times not something that happened only twenty years ago. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1