I ordered the m10-r black paint

JimmyCheng

A beauty in black. Very nice. Black is my preferred colour. Am I tempted? Yes slightly, but wait a minute... a tinge of doubt crosses my mind. 
I suppose we are here (blue dotted line):📉🤩

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

M10 (the old one) + Noctilux-M 1:1/50

vor 11 Stunden schrieb Steven:

I have two at home as we speak ! It looks gorgeous. 

Now I wonder.... you didn´t like the M10R because of its high resolution so WHY you bought the black paint version of it????

3 hours ago, i-Leica said:

Now I wonder.... you didn´t like the M10R because of its high resolution so WHY you bought the black paint version of it????

I switched back a month ago to the R. I still don’t care for the resolution bump. I did it for the highlight recovery. I can now shoot wide open in bright day light without filters. Life changing. 

Black paint being my favourite finish on an M, i sold the regular R and bought the BP R. 

1 hour ago, horosu said:

I already have a black paint digital M: the M-D. The most filmlike experience of any M, to the extent that you don't have the urge to use film anymore 😀

Picture of your camera pleas ! Does it have patina yet ? 

Talking about rubbing… does anyone know how i can accelerate the patina of my M10R BP? I’m asking seriously since i will switch to the M11 in 6 months. 

Don’t tell me to use it everyday, i already do. I carry it even to the bathroom with me. 

Are there any tricks ? Sandpaper ? Any liquid to wear the paint off ? 

Thank you Leica! I guess this BP gem in my collection will raise even more in value now. 😁

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

8 minutes ago, Steven said:

Talking about rubbing… does anyone know how i can accelerate the patina of my M10R BP? I’m asking seriously since i will switch to the M11 in 6 months. 

Don’t tell me to use it everyday, i already do. I carry it even to the bathroom with me. 

I believe that wear should comes from natural use and age (just like a pair of worn jeans). You got to be able to tell the tale on its appearance. Scratches and dings in the wrong places will just point to an inexperienced user.

Edited by rramesh

vor 2 Minuten schrieb rramesh:

I believe that wear should comes from natural use and age (just like a pair of worn jeans). You got to be able to tell the tale on its appearance. Scratches and dings in the wrong places will just point to an inexperienced user.

You forgot that Steven might be a famous person ... :)

vor 1 Stunde schrieb cheeseyk:

I have read on another site, that the top plate of the M10-R BP may not be brass and therefore may not give the patina that Steven may require.

Anyone have further info ?

This is how Leica introduces the M10-R BP on it`s page (extract from the page):

"This classic finish is considered less robust compared to modern equivalents, allowing the camera body to develop its own unique and inimitable patina over time. Many photographers treasure these signs of wear that reveal the brass on the top plate, bottom plate and the function wheels after intensive use. Authentic wear that the Leica M10-R too will expose over time. Its unique patina bearing witness to the passing of time—capturing not just events, but telling its very own story".

I guess the main question now for someone going from a previous generation (M9, M240, M10) is - either hurry and get the M10R in Black Paint which, let's admit, looks gorgeous and is also a proper capable tool OR wait for the M11 which *might* not be a high megapixel camera in its initial iteration...

Edited by Al Brown

3 hours ago, Steven said:

I wouldn’t use a liquid but a fine file would probably help. You’d probably get more “control with a file than with sandpaper. Maybe something like a nail file? Not the paper ones, I know there are some glass based files. If I were to do this, that’s what I’d try.

I’m not saying I’ve done this. Some do... When the M9 came out after a couple of months someone posted a photo of their M9 completely worn out saying it was “natural”. But it was obvious it had been filed. After almost 12 years of use, mine is starting to brass at the corners.