I ordered the m10-r black paint

JimmyCheng

Advertisement (gone after registration)

3 hours ago, RF’sDelight said:

Thank you Leica! I guess this BP gem in my collection will raise even more in value now. 😁

Why? I’ve got that one too but I don’t understand why it’s value would have suddenly risen. It looks great on my black paint MP, and black paint M9 for that matter.

Maybe take a file to it if you want to raise its value! Be sure to post a photo of it!!

Edited by ianman

41 minutes ago, jplomley said:

I see no point in an M11 unless it has a built in EVF. Otherwise, the M10 and all variants are perfect form and function.

Ironic, Jeff, that would you cite perfect function, after just recently contemplating abandoning the brand due to your frustrating experiences with the M10 Monochrom.  😳 I suspect that the next generation M might have the usual advances in underlying sensor technology, viewing experience and/or power/processing, etc, in addition to any more innovative features or cosmetic changes.  Each generation also seems to improve with respect to weather sealing, robust build and operation (despite your unfortunate experience).  I’m in no rush for any change, but I’d be surprised if the usual forum discussion evolution (from initial concerns/debates to general enthusiasm, and eventual excitement around variants) doesn’t ensue.  And with the usual discussion from those who prefer the earlier generation(s). 

Jeff

Edited by Jeff S

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Steven:

Talking about rubbing… does anyone know how i can accelerate the patina of my M10R BP? I’m asking seriously since i will switch to the M11 in 6 months. 

Don’t tell me to use it everyday, i already do. I carry it even to the bathroom with me. 

Are there any tricks ? Sandpaper ? Any liquid to wear the paint off ? 

Just throw it on the street! You might even get some “rallye stripes”. My M9 kissed the street shortly after Chrstmas last year when the strap came loose. 
After that I had it checked by Leica and asked them to replace the top-plate (don’t know the correct english term) with the one from the M9-P. Looks pretty good but I think about selling it.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

5 hours ago, Steven said:

Picture of your camera pleas ! Does it have patina yet ? 

It has. They brass beautifully....and the tactile feeling is much nicer than the chrome/black chrome ones. It's difficult to describe, but to the tip of my fingers the BP cameras are velvety.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Steven said:

Talking about rubbing… does anyone know how i can accelerate the patina of my M10R BP? I’m asking seriously since i will switch to the M11 in 6 months. 

Don’t tell me to use it everyday, i already do. I carry it even to the bathroom with me. 

I did it with sand paper, well not exactly. It’s kinda of like a sponge with surfaces of different grit level sand papers. I used about 700 grit to get rid of the paint and 3000 grit (maybe higher) to polish the surface. It’s my first try too so … I think anybody can do it. (Took me like 2 hours)

Edited by JimmyCheng
  • Haha 4

Except M262 with aluminum top plate (and some film Ms…M6 era… with zinc).  The black chrome M’s, still with brass top, will not patina like black paint versions due to silvery nickel layer below the black finish.

Jeff

7 hours ago, Steven said:

Shoot the heck out of it. Sweat and constant handling will eventually bring you joy.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Steven said:

My M9 had some wear but a bit fragmented. I polished it a bit with a cosmetic file to my liking

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JimmyCheng said:

I did it with sand paper, well not exactly. It’s kinda of like a sponge with surfaces of different grit level sand papers. I used about 700 grit to get rid of the paint and 3000 grit (maybe higher) to polish the surface. It’s my first try too so … I think anybody can do it. (Took me like 2 hours)

Is this real ? You did that yourself? Cause it looks amazing. What’s 700 grit ? Picture of the sponge? 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Steven said:

Ask Lenny Kravitz.  Leica did it for him!

1 hour ago, Steven said:

Is this real ? You did that yourself? Cause it looks amazing. What’s 700 grit ? Picture of the sponge? 

Seriously? I think it looks awful. If you are going to do this sort of thing -  which personally I find quite weird but ok we each have our own boats to float - at least think about why brassing occurs... and then think about where on the camera it would happen. At least try to make it believable and realistic. All around the front windows looks plain silly and so obviously fake.

700 grit is the indication of finesse of the abrasive. The higher the number, the finer the abrasive. I would have thought that 700 is nowhere near enough to start off with. If you do try it, I would suggest doing the baseplate first, just to see how it goes.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

7 hours ago, ianman said:

Why? I’ve got that one too but I don’t understand why it’s value would have suddenly risen. It looks great on my black paint MP, and black paint M9 for that matter.

Maybe take a file to it if you want to raise its value! Be sure to post a photo of it!!

All black paint items have gained around 20% since this auction earlier this month. The 50 E46 was priced in average at 5600 and it just went to 7K now. 

There is black paint madness on the market. 

Thankfully, i managed to purchase my black paint dream a couple days before the auction. It’s being delivered this Monday. Can’t wait to see it in real life. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Steven said:

...Are there any tricks ? Sandpaper ? Any liquid to wear the paint off ? 

Try throwing it around where you live. Assuming where you live the walls are not lined with rubber.

Edited by Denys
  • Haha 1