Leica Q3 Waitlist/Stock/Shipment

2 minutes ago, mhasman said:

Getting closer... 

#1 - Order Q3 with B&H - done

#2 - Apply for B&H payboo card - done, approved, waiting for card delivery

#3 - Sale my lovely Canon FF gear - R body, 35mm and 16mm lenses - almost there, shipping out next week  

Well you don't have a ship confirmation I presume... closer in the world of Leica shipping is akin to saying Halley's Comet is getting closer...

• Like 1

I placed a pre-order with B&H NYC this past Saturday evening due to their store being closed for Holiday, on launch day at 2:30 EST.  Confirmed with them that my pre-order was still in place since credit card showed charge pending  and reversed the same day.  Their customer service agent today could only confirm that (1) my pre-order is still in place and my credit card will only be charged when shipped; (2) my pre-order is about half-way down the list; (3) I could likely expect shipment within this month.

I understand that the agent was only able to give me “general information, not specific”, but at least it was encouraging.   Now we’ll see which pre-order gets filled first….B&H or Leica Miami.   

Edited by Leica Girl
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Leica Girl said:

I placed a pre-order with B&H NYC this past Saturday evening due to their store being closed for Holiday, on launch day at 2:30 EST.  Confirmed with them that my pre-order was still in place since credit card showed charge pending  and reversed the same day.  Their customer service agent today could only confirm that (1) my pre-order is still in place and my credit card will only be charged when shipped; (2) my pre-order is about half-way down the list; (3) I could likely expect shipment within this month.

I understand that the agent was only able to give me “general information, not specific”, but at least it was encouraging.   Now we’ll see which pre-order gets filled first….B&H or Leica Miami.   

Not sure of what you are saying - B&H is closed Saturdays and you cannot order when they are closed afaik. Maybe you meant Sunday?

Nonetheless, if what the agent said is accurate in terms of timeline, this is good new in terms of availability, especially those who ordered on launch day and are waiting... if they anticipate orders placed days after launch to be fulfilled in June (this is what I presume you meant by "this month", then launch days order should be no later if not earlier.

Please post when you get a shipping confirmation on yours...

16 minutes ago, thrang said:

Not sure of what you are saying - B&H is closed Saturdays and you cannot order when they are closed afaik. Maybe you meant Sunday?

Nonetheless, if what the agent said is accurate in terms of timeline, this is good new in terms of availability, especially those who ordered on launch day and are waiting... if they anticipate orders placed days after launch to be fulfilled in June (this is what I presume you meant by "this month", then launch days order should be no later if not earlier.

BH opened Saturday at 7:30 pm after the holiday for online orders.   

I placed my order Saturday as well

• Like 1

Just now, Ohitsteddy said:

BH opened Saturday at 7:30 pm after the holiday for online orders.   

I placed my order Saturday as well

Is that common for them? I always took as Saturdays they were completely closed... but good to know,,,

Advertisement (gone after registration)

39 minutes ago, thrang said:

Is that common for them? I always took as Saturdays they were completely closed... but good to know,,,

Yeah, from my experience too, they allow online purchases on Saturday nights in the later PM.

2 hours ago, Leica Girl said:

yeah, thats encouraging to know its moving down the list (and reached around half however many that may be).🤞

51 minutes ago, thrang said:

If you notice when ordering on Saturday from B&H, you will receive a pop-up that states that you cannot check-out at the present time.  However, they will send you an email, which allows you to “check-out” Saturday PM.  My notice says 7:30 PM MDT check-out will be available.  Hence, I was able to check out on Saturday PM rather than waiting to Sunday when they reopen.

Edited by Leica Girl
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, thrang said:

The store strictly observe Sabbath (and so does their website, as far as ordering is concerned). So, yes, it's every Saturday and the time at which you can order can vary with the seasons (at least, it seems to me). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thrang said:

I will post an update when I receive notification that my items have been received.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just saw a Q3 article on Popular Photography. It ends with: “The camera is available for purchase now, though it is already on backorder and isn’t estimated to ship until December.” with reference Adorama.

Edited by beewee

I’m currently second guessing my Q3 order. I mostly use a Summicron 50 on my M6. I really enjoy taking candid portraits so it suits me to be not so in people’s face. Will the Q3 crop to 50mm suit me or annoy me? I have the money for an M11, might have to wait another month on a Summilux 50 but it’s all available right now. There’s no doubt that’s how I will mostly use it. So am I an idiot for waiting potentially months on a Q3 when I could get an M11 and have candid portraits in the Norwegian summer nights, right now.

Edited by Laser cow

1 hour ago, Laser cow said:

I’m currently second guessing my Q3 order. I mostly use a Summicron 50 on my M6. I really enjoy taking candid portraits so it suits me to be not so in people’s face. Will the Q3 crop to 50mm suit me or annoy me? I have the money for an M11, might have to wait another month on a Summilux 50 but it’s all available right now. There’s no doubt that’s how I will mostly use it. So am I an idiot for waiting potentially months on a Q3 when I could get an M11 and have candid portraits in the Norwegian summer nights, right now.

If I wanted to shoot 50mm I personally would never get a Q3. Unfortunately the crop doesn’t zoom in for the preview before you take the picture so you’re still looking at 28mm with white lines. I personally don’t like 50mm so it’s a non-issue for me. Go with the M11 and the focal length you want. If I had the money I would get a M11 with the new 35mm 1.4 lens. I don’t so I’m getting a Q3. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, kimaldis said:

Put in an order on Monday (29 May) with Wex UK, no indication of when it might deliver. I'll be selling my Q2 so my question is, over the next few months with the value of a used Q2 go up or down; should I sell now or wait until the Q3 arrives.

I don’t think Q2 prices will change much. With such short supply of Q3’s people aren’t going to be without a camera for months, unless it’s a person who doesn’t really use their camera.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Miltz said:

Unfortunately the crop doesn’t zoom in for the preview before you take the picture so you’re still looking at 28mm with white lines. 

Er, that’s the same as all M viewfinders including the M11.  The OVF is slightly more than a 28mm field of view, and with a 50mm lens attached, you see frame lines for 50mm and 75mm.

Correspondence with one of my two long-time primary Leica product dealers today confirmed what most folks here probably suspect.  Leica will typically devote much of its early new product allocations to its Leica-branded retailers (Miami, SF, Boston, etc.) and its own online corporate store.  Depending on production levels it might be "several months" before secondary dealers have many units for sale.   He had no inside information on Leica's production but indicated that the first Q2 orders in 2019 were getting filled relatively quickly (30-60 days).  So folks on a Leica dealer list may be in the best shape for a Q3 now.

--

Having recently sold my Q2 I'm already missing it a bit.  So I allowed my sadness to get the best of me and bought a new Q2 Ghost to tide me over.  It caught my eye when it was released last week but I don't generally go for commemorative Leica models.  Not very practical.  Rebound romance, I guess.  I'm a sad case.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1