Leica Q3 Waitlist/Stock/Shipment

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 6/1/2023 at 10:27 PM, Laser cow said:

I’m currently second guessing my Q3 order. I mostly use a Summicron 50 on my M6. I really enjoy taking candid portraits so it suits me to be not so in people’s face. Will the Q3 crop to 50mm suit me or annoy me? I have the money for an M11, might have to wait another month on a Summilux 50 but it’s all available right now. There’s no doubt that’s how I will mostly use it. So am I an idiot for waiting potentially months on a Q3 when I could get an M11 and have candid portraits in the Norwegian summer nights, right now.

I wouldn't get a Q for the 50 mm crops. I think of it really as a 28 (really more like a 25) mm fixed lens camera with a high-res sensor. If I want to shoot 50 I use something else. But 28 is my favorite focal length so the Q suits me well. 

• Like 1

On 6/4/2023 at 10:59 AM, Al819 said:

Hello everyone, I m new here~ Nice to meet you all guys~😀

I'm never use "Q" before, I used to use Leica T, D_lux(type109) & M6.

I also ordered Q3 in B&H, May 27, 2023 (GMT+8)around 9:30am.

Let see when will they ship the camera to me~ (will be ship to Hong Kong)

Just saw my half case status changed to "New Order"

any idea what is this mean? 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Got an update from a Leica dealer in Gothenburg that mentions that demand was way outstripping supply and that he was hoping to get one shipment in June, but was unsure how many cameras would be in that shipment.

I’m hesitant to keep that order as they required payment upfront, but it’s not like I’m gotten any updated delivery dates from other dealers in Sweden where I’m on their lists.

2 hours ago, jbripley said:

Got an update from a Leica dealer in Gothenburg that mentions that demand was way outstripping supply and that he was hoping to get one shipment in June, but was unsure how many cameras would be in that shipment.

I’m hesitant to keep that order as they required payment upfront, but it’s not like I’m gotten any updated delivery dates from other dealers in Sweden where I’m on their lists.

I also received similar from store in Belgium , they expect an order to come in June but have no idea how many they will get. I’m 4th on the waiting list so holding out some shallow hope.

• Like 1

FWIW, I ordered the handgrip, wireless charger, battery and Q3 from B&H on May 25th. I just received an email notification that the wireless charger had shipped. It’s good to see a change in the status quo, though probably doesn’t mean that the Q3 will ship anytime soon. 
#firstworldconsumeranxiety

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 5/25/2023 at 1:13 PM, nameBrandon said:

Thanks, I am pretty maniacal about pre-releases.. a useful tip, the search function at B&H gets updated last. They actually put a splash page up on the home page that will link you to the product. Their search is cached, and won't show any results for 5-10 minutes after they update the main splash page. So people refreshing the website with a search for "Q3" will be S-O-L.

I did get two other pre-orders in, one was canceled as they ran out of stock, one I haven't heard back on yet, but they took payment. I hate returning stuff to those little shops, I feel guilty, so will definitely sell the other one off at cost if it does actually ship. I'll give you a heads-up in you're interested when I find out more.

Brandon, did you end up receiving any of your other Q3 orders? I’d be interested in buying if so

1 hour ago, thrang said:

Everyone on B&H's list moved up one, I cancelled my preorder and went M11 route instead.

Don't all thank me at once! 🙂

I did the same too, sold my Q2 and bought an M11.

Don't worry, you'll get a fair bit of cash back when you sell your nearly new M11, probably enough to buy the Q3. 😀

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Corius said:

I did the same too, sold my Q2 and bought an M11.

Don't worry, you'll get a fair bit of cash back when you sell your nearly new M11, probably enough to buy the Q3. 😀

I’m enjoying it in the short time I’ve worked with it / if I sell it will be for an M12 with EVF and IBIS!

• Like 1

On 6/6/2023 at 3:03 PM, traumaticdata said:

Yes, it is still marked as back ordered. However my order has updated to include a check mark over processed. Whatever that may mean. 

I'm not sure if it means anything because typically the order progress bar is green not gray. It could be a glitch or error in the app for all I know. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I think the checkmark merely means that your credit card has been charged.

1 hour ago, chasincayce said:

Not that this is really any news, but from B&H

“Our support team contacted the manufacturer for an update on the Leica Q3 Digital Camera, but unfortunately, the manufacturer wasn't able to provide an ETA for the next shipment.”

Leica Miami (where I pre ordered) told me that Leica tells them a couple days before a shipment arrives… and not sooner.

18 minutes ago, brickftl said:

I think the checkmark merely means that your credit card has been charged.

Ya, I used PayPal so b&h charged me in full. The check mark did not appear until several days later. I’m thinking it must not mean much. Wishful thinking but I hope it means my order will ship when they get their next delivery from Leica. Like I said. Wishful thinking. 

1 hour ago, chasincayce said:

Not that this is really any news, but from B&H

“Our support team contacted the manufacturer for an update on the Leica Q3 Digital Camera, but unfortunately, the manufacturer wasn't able to provide an ETA for the next shipment.”

Well that figures. I was hoping to get the camera before July but that’s looking less and less likely. Thanks for the update. 

Hi all,

I enquired about a pre-order here in the UK with Wex Photography who said:

"The Leica Q3 has been incredibly popular and we have had indications that an order taken at this time may take up to two years to fulfil (long wait times occurred for the first two versions as well)."

I guess I'll have more time to save up if this is true :(

Thanks,

Nige.

I phoned Red Dot Cameras in London today. I registered interest before release but didn't respond immediately on the day of release when they contacted me to go on their "formal" list.

Today they estimated around a 6 month wait given the current length of the list. They require a 10% deposit up front.

For anyone interested, there is a fella on eBay in Texas who has one q3 in stock. However he is charging a steep premium. 

Appears legit as they have 100% positive feedback and many other Leica items for sale. 

I am not willing to cancel my b&h pre order and pay the price they are asking but I thought someone here might be.  

Precision Camera update:
Last time I asked, I was either number 22 or there were 22 others before me on the waitlist. Today I asked, and I was told around number 18 (I did no deposit waitlist so maybe theres some priority thing in effect for those who paid deposit)

-----

16 hours ago, LarsOtium said:

Leica Miami (where I pre ordered) told me that Leica tells them a couple days before a shipment arrives… and not sooner.

Leica Miami said the same to me where they won't really know until a few days before Leica tells them.

-----

LeicaSF:

Leica has not yet delivered the second shipment of cameras.  Historically, this is the smallest allocation.  Later this month, on the third allocation, we hope to have a more normal delivery, but as of yet, we have not received any info from Leica that will give us lead time projection.  I am guessing late summer at this point.

2 hours ago, Corius said:

I phoned Red Dot Cameras in London today. I registered interest before release but didn't respond immediately on the day of release when they contacted me to go on their "formal" list.

Today they estimated around a 6 month wait given the current length of the list. They require a 10% deposit up front.

I found them not super pleasant to deal with. I got myself on the list at one of the other online retailers just by putting credit card down and they even told me what number I was on the waitlist.