What adventures have you taken your T series camera on?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

When I first got the TL2, I didn’t take it out much anywhere because I thought it was such a beautiful camera and didn’t want to risk it getting dirty, damaged, etc…I then thought about it and it’s a camera/tool made to be used and I’m doing a disservice to Leica who made this camera to be enjoyed. 

I now usually take my TL2 with me everywhere on my motorcycle and also carry it with me daily for taking photos of whatever else I come across in life. Will be going to Asia in a few months and will probably take the TL2 with me since it’s compact, reliable, and I can count on it for fantastic photos. 

i want to ask others what adventures have they taken their T series on. Have you traveled the world with it? Have you taken it on some incredible experiences? 

Edited by maidenfan84

On 5/2/2023 at 8:46 PM, maidenfan84 said:

When I first got the TL2, I didn’t take it out much anywhere because I thought it was such a beautiful camera and didn’t want to risk it getting dirty, damaged, etc…I then thought about it and it’s a camera/tool made to be used and I’m doing a disservice to Leica who made this camera to be enjoyed. 

I now usually take my TL2 with me everywhere on my motorcycle and also carry it with me daily for taking photos of whatever else I come across in life. Will be going to Asia in a few months and will probably take the TL2 with me since it’s compact, reliable, and I can count on it for fantastic photos. 

i want to ask others what adventures have they taken their T series on. Have you traveled the world with it? Have you taken it on some incredible experiences? 

I am not a professional photographer, I do it as a hobby and since I bought the Leica TL2 it is the only one that I now use almost 100 x 100, the other cameras that I have are in continuous rest.

At first it was hard for me to get used to its interface and I doubted its effectiveness but when you practice it you soon get used to it and start to love it.

It is a very solid camera made to last, it is not perfect because none of it is, but it has something that makes it different from other Leicas.

With the Leica + M39 to M + Leica M to L adapter I have been able to test many extremely small and older lenses and they have worked in manual mode with acceptable results.

Manual mode with the left dial to zoom in x3 x6 works great, as long as the Leica M to L adapter is the one close to the sensor.

One of my adventures was to test the Leica Tele Elmart 135 f4, without tripods, in a football match of my grandson.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

On 5/2/2023 at 8:46 PM, maidenfan84 said:

Edited by Dopaco
  • Like 1

My original T has travelled around Greece with me on several occasions and captured some wonderful images and memories. The most memorable was when a severe weather event struck the Halkidiki region on 10th/11th July 2019 while my wife and I were on an exposed headland. The area was devastated and several people lost their lives. I never expected my T and 60mm lens to work again but after drying them out they were fine. Not bad for a non weather sealed camera and lens. I wrote a more detailed account here if you wish to read more https://photoark.co.uk/index.php/articles/blogs/the-finger-of-zeus?highlight=WyJ6ZXVzIl0=

• Like 1

Costa Rica, cloud forest, Arenal Volcano, a gret time. The only time I got caught in the rain, I had decided not to take the CL, but the sunset from the restaurant we went to was amazing. Here is a guy with a chicken on his head, hanging out inthe San Jose market.

CL 23 Summicron

Paris night scene

Schindler's Factory in Krakow, Poland

The Louvre, Paris

Town square in Poland

• Like 3