M11 or M10-D

ecpwll

Advertisement (gone after registration)

27 minutes ago, grahamc said:

Hi Costa 

For me, it was base only on output .  I loaned the M11 a few weeks before the M11-P launch., with the intention of then buying a P.

But when I compared my images side by side (same lens) my personal preference was much more in favour of the 10 sensor (more 'pop' to the images, warmer rendering which I prefer, magenta bias in the 11 files). And of lesser concern was my 10-D images were sharper which I suppose was user-error.

For my own use case I've not been tempted by m11 since 

Thanks Graham, I enjoyed your beach candids on the pre asph thread so was curious. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
vor 17 Stunden schrieb grahamc:

Hi Costa 

For me, it was base only on output .  I loaned the M11 a few weeks before the M11-P launch., with the intention of then buying a P.

But when I compared my images side by side (same lens) my personal preference was much more in favour of the 10 sensor (more 'pop' to the images, warmer rendering which I prefer, magenta bias in the 11 files). And of lesser concern was my 10-D images were sharper which I suppose was user-error.

For my own use case I've not been tempted by m11 since 

i am wondering, @grahamc, if this observation of seeing more 'pop' in pictures taken on a pre-M11 cameras as compared to those from an M11* bases on a similar experience (and physical principles) as reported for b&w film photos showing more 'punch' than their digital equivalents ?  photos taken with older systems contain frequently different details and contrast ranges that filter and simplify a picture and hence helps its visual consumption.  the intellectual message is more apparent and easier to convey and grasp if unnecessary high-quality picture details (*) are not overly present that otherwise just add to noise and mental distraction.  imagine a camera that creates drawings like a caricaturist sketches with a pencil : pure simplified raw message !

(*) ADDENDUM : the same could be said about image processing software that generate technically perfect landscapes or eye lashes or that sort...

one may be better off with an earlier-generation camera, depending on the type of photography one pursues...  now, am i going to sell my M10-D and hope for a 'better' M11-D (provided it comes with a built-in thumb rest) ?

Edited by fenykepesz