I Love My M6!

With respect to the recent discussion on "Barbie-look", I have decided to spend my M6 a proper and discrete dress....

Duct tape? Red Green would be proud. :p

I guess I'm middle of the road between wanting attention (bright red patent leather case) and hiding (covering a manufacturer's logo). I just use my M6TTL 0.85 as it came from the factory, as Leica intended; I doubt onlookers really care.

I'm waiting for my camera's return from DAG with the viewfinder upgrade.

Fred

• 2 weeks later...

I've just recently got my first Leica, a chrome M6 TTL with a 50mm Zeiss ZM 50 f/1.4.

... and, I love that combination.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Analogon
  • Like 11

Milkman, the M6 was produced in huge numbers, there are plenty out there. If you are willing to go for a user model and look around, they can be cheap too. I paid A$700 for mine.

I'm curios what don't you like about the CL? I've never used one, I'm just curious.

We love our M6's here, can I suggest you look in the "I love my CL and hate my M6" thread?!!![emoji1]

Cheers,

Michael

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

My first M. And I believe it is the smoothest I got. M6 Classic + 35 cron asph.

Edited by TRIago
  • Like 12

• 2 weeks later...

Hi friends...

I have an offer of Leica M6 Classic Chrome-Silver

It comes in very mint or I can say like a new one.

The package is complete as buying new like included Box unit, Box for strap, Papers (manual of camera and how to attach strap), and others package.

The function is 100% ok, including speeds, finder, and also film-roll and so on..

I want to ask about the good price of that offer. Please help me.

Thank you.

Hi friends...

I have an offer of Leica M6 Classic Chrome-Silver

It comes in very mint or I can say like a new one.

The package is complete as buying new like included Box unit, Box for strap, Papers (manual of camera and how to attach strap), and others package.

The function is 100% ok, including speeds, finder, and also film-roll and so on..

I want to ask about the good price of that offer. Please help me.

Thank you.

$1,500.00 to $1,750.00 US dollars or so..

• 4 weeks later...

I have been 'quietly' assembling another 'M' outfit based around the M6ttl and now it is complete.

2 off M6 TTL Titanium

24mm F3.4 SEM

35mm F2 Asph

75mm F2 APO

135mm Tele-elmar

Fogg B-Laika Satchel

.... one very happy camper:)

The 135 was a rather nice 'find' as it's from the last batch prior to the more modern looking version, as new, and recently back from Wetzlar having had a full CLA.

Regards, Simon

• Like 9

Would someone who uses this term in regard to photography explain what "smoothest" is supposed to represent?

It seems to take a few years for the gears to bed in and mesh with minimal resistance.

I was using my 4 month old M-A and 20 year old M6 yesterday ; the M6 wind on seemed to be the smoother of the pair.

• Like 1

It seems to take a few years for the gears to bed in and mesh with minimal resistance.

I was using my 4 month old M-A and 20 year old M6 yesterday ; the M6 wind on seemed to be the smoother of the pair.

That's interesting - I have one of these smooth M6 bodies as well.

It's wind on is absolutely effortless - smoother than any other M I have and any other I have tried. Mine is a mid 90's made silver chrome M6 192…

• Like 2

It has been said by others here, that the difference is due to changing from brass gears (old M6) to steel gears (new M6). Sounds reasonable to me but I have no knowledge myself. My M6's are all what I consider smooth winding but I don't have anything to compare them with.

• Like 2

It has been said by others here, that the difference is due to changing from brass gears (old M6) to steel gears (new M6). Sounds reasonable to me but I have no knowledge myself. My M6's are all what I consider smooth winding but I don't have anything to compare them with.

my old m6 and m4 are butter smooth.....compared to my m7 a huge difference.

the m7 is okay but a bit like sirloin compared to filet :-)

i guess the m7 Needs 10 more years of use until it gets there.

andy

my old m6 and m4 are butter smooth.....compared to my m7 a huge difference.

the m7 is okay but a bit like sirloin compared to filet :-)

i guess the m7 Needs 10 more years of use until it gets there.

andy

Or if there is a "huge difference," a cleaning, lubrication and adjustment.

Fred

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just recently added a 1995 Leica M6 to our Leica collection (Leica 0, IIIF, X1, X2, M8, M9, MM, 2x240, MP Olive) with the excuse that my daughter need a Film Camera for their Spring 2015 Photography Classes, and I need to say that love the Quality, weight and feeling of this model. I Love my/her M6 !!!

Any idea/suggestion how to get the white color/paint of Leica M6 letter back to an original & bright white ?

Edited by GabrielIndalecio

Just checked the white paint on mine. It's the same as yours. Under a magnifier it appears the paint is breaking down. I suspect a new paint job would be the only fix. I will watch other replies with curiosity.

You will probably get replies to 'use a black sharpie' or black tape as well! ;)

• Like 1