I Loved my Leica

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 hour ago, logan2z said:

Beautiful camera, not easy to come by.  I'd keep it if you can, at least until you know for sure that you won't miss it after the M10-R arrives.   

I am certain I'll miss it. It's such a beautiful camera. On the other hand, I have a very nice M3 and M6 that should lessen the pain :). I find that the M3 gives me "The Feels" nearly as much as the MP.

Just sold my perfect R7, and vario elmar 35-70 f4.

A lovely camera but, well, just not using it.  Still have the R9 so I could have kept that zoom, but someone wanted it so off it went.

May /most probably would sell that perfect R9 too, and it has the motordrive (not motor winder).  And the remaining R lenses.

While these SLRs are fantastic cameras, they just don't bring me the joy and satisfaction using an M does.  And I'm thinking of keeping the Nikon F6 because of the AF.

It brings something to the table that the Leica Rs do not.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2022 at 1:10 AM, evikne said:

I sold my 50mm Summilux ASPH BC because I needed the money, but I miss it now. I especially miss the feeling of the scalloped focus ring. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Sold it as well, wasn't a limited edition and way to heavy. But it's a beauty.

I had an M10 Monochrom and loved it completely.

A friend got me into film photography so I thought I’d try a film Leica.

I started out with an M3 which felt so smooth, then an M2 because of 35mm - it was even smoother. It was later upgraded to an M4 for the faster loading and rewind.

Due to a dim patch, I thought I’d treat my self to the “ultimate” film M I’d been lusting after, so now have a BP MP.

I absolutely love it but still miss the M2 of all the film cameras I’ve had. It just felt like it was made to last forever and worked so smoothly. 

• Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

2 hours ago, jsrockit said:

May I ask why?

My MP 240 had gotten some moisture in the EVF port and the EVF no longer worked.  By the time I sent it back to Leica and paid for the repair, I broke about even on how much I got on a trade-in.  I did like the colors and renderings of the camera, and also liked that the frameline color could be changed.  It was a great landscape camera that I used on several shoots up in Utah.  What I didn't like was the EVF and is the main reason I wouldn't get another one.  Hindsight is always 20-20, though, and if I had a do-over I would've just kept it.

I now use an M10-R and a 21 SEM/35 FLE/ 75 APO kit.  Also a Q2, so I feel like I'm better off but there are times I wish I still had my MP240.  

For a while, my only camera was a Q2. Then I got an M2 and started using film almost exclusively—I even moved into medium format. I loved the film life and the M system, and decided to sell the Q2, with the idea that I'd put the funds either toward another film body or a digital M.

Well . . . . I'm now wondering if I made a big mistake. I tried an M10 and liked it, for sure, but didn't necessarily love it, and found myself missing certain aspects of the Q2 (weather resistance, battery life, high resolution, and so on). I've spent untold hours sorting through various analog M options, but I can't honestly say that I really need a second body or an upgrade to my M2; a lot of the moves I might make there would complicate my analog life in ways that I'm not sure are desirable. I've also thought about going back to the Fuji X100V, just to have an easy point-and-shoot digital camera. And yet I once was overjoyed to move from the X100V to the Q2!

And now, to make matters worse, I see that the very Q2 that I used to own is right now available on MPB for not that much more than I sold it—I can recognize the wear marks! (Turns out the MPB profit margins are a little slimmer than I'd thought!) So it's actually possible for me to just unroll the transaction entirely, chalking up the price difference to one of those mistakes one makes while exploring a hobby.

I've added it to my cart.... 

... and closed the browser window.

Edited by JoshuaRothman
  • Like 2