What do you collect ? Bodies or lenses ?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

20 hours ago, Al Brown said:

Most M2's on German eBay in 2021 start at 1200 euros or thereabouts, and the price is the same for M5's. Sometimes at an auction or SEND OFFER you can get them for 800 euros, which is an actual realistc price. I just did. Of course the upper price limit goes as far as anyone is prepared to pay.

Thanks, I've started looking at EU and UK sources and it seems much more reasonable.

• Like 1

On 12/3/2021 at 12:41 AM, Steven said:

Still, in a world of non sens digital asset valuation, I think it's pretty nice that we can still acquire tangible, mechanical objects for affordable prices. The same is true for physical art

This is absolutely true. It's wonderfully satisfying to be able get a tangible, usable and beautiful tool which is not subject to either planned obsolescence, software license expiration, or abandonment by its manufacturer!

So, here's a funny (not so funny) story. 

On Saturday, I left with my family on a one month trip, with 8 suitcases, across the Atlantic. Paris being what it is, someone must have noticed us leave, and in the night from Sunday to Monday, our house was broken in and robbed. My real valuable stuff (jewellery, watches, money, etc...) was in a safe that they didn't manage to crack open. Good. So the robbers took stupid (but expensive) stuff. Computers, my wife's shoes, fancy bags, silverware, ..... 

In the shelf of my leaving room, I had a display of around 150K of Leica cameras and lenses. MP Kyoto, MP3 BP, MP Titanium, four steel rims, etc.... These idiots thought it was junk, and didn't touch it !!!!!!!! Ha !!!!!! 

Moral of the story: Leica is the best investment. It's beautiful, it's fun to use, it grows massively in value, and it doesn't need to be insured or stored away. Thieves don't steal it!! 

Have a nice day everyone... 

• Like 1