Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi Photogs 

Can anyone explain how the SL2 processes it’s multi shot images when set in multi-shot mode?

I understand that the camera takes 8 different shots by moving the sensor 0.5 pixels each time. My question is does the camera merge these 8 images to produce the final 187 MB image or does it interpolate between each of the 8 images to produce the final result ?

A couple of my multi-shots look like they have had mild HDR treatment which is not to everyone’s taste. Is that the intention or consequence of multi-shot images?

Any advice welcome !

Thanks

David

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By pele2010
      Hey , 

I can't find an angle viewfinder for the SL2.

How do you manage to make low or high angle picture without using your phone. 
      Is there any DIY that you can recommend? 

And apart of this: 
      is there a menu point to mirror the image of the camera? If so we could just use a mirror or something reflective 
      as a mirror. 

And yes I know that you can take the picture and alter the framing. But sometimes its quit nice to see what you are doing.
      I am enjoying both methods but I would like to achieve the method with more control. 
      Curious how you solve this challenge. 

kind regards Peter
    • By chris_tribble
      This may seem a bit obvious, but after having followed a general principle of having a 2 minute auto power off, and being left with 50% power after a day's walking and maybe 60 images, I decided to switch to a 10 second auto power off, and I'm finding I still have a full bar indicated after the same kind of use.  If you've been unhappy with battery-life, I'd recommend playing with the power-off settings and seeing what improvements you can make.  For information, I'm not experiencing significant start up delays either.  Just touch the shutter button and everything's good to go pretty well immediately.
    • By Ciamprob
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By Aaron Daniel
      Hi all, I've noticed there isn't a dedicated thread for editing L-Log footage, so I will begin one here. I realize that colouring and re-touching video is a very subjective field, but I wanted to see how others work within Leica's limited literature surrounding post-production in video.
      I've just updated my Atomos Ninja V to the latest firmware, which now allows for L-Log recording from leica (the past year with the SL2 was a little tedious working with both internally and externally recorded video footage). Now, with this update, BT2020 seems a lot nicer.
      I've just done my first video about this update here:

• By augustwest100
      I was wondering if anyone has done side by side comparisons of the Sigma L mount 24-70 with the Leica Vario Elmarit 24-90.
      I find that I use my Sony a9 mostly as follows:
      75% of the time I have the excellent 55mm Sony Zeiss 1.8 on it due to the best balance of size, weight, sharpness, bokeh, every day use
      20% of the time I use the excellent zeiss batis 25mm 1.8
      5% of the time I think about using my 70-200 f4 Sony or my excellent 24-70 Sony G master f2.8...and then decide I don't really want to carry it around, so I take the 25mm and the 55mm instead and alternate use. This can be a pain when I need to swap them back and forth but is lighter option and sometimes I just take one.

So I am trying to figure out where I would start with a Leica SL2 system, as I only have a Leica M 35 summicron presently:
      Go with a 24-90mm Leica Vario Elmarit (costly and heavy) and use my M lens when I want a lighter setup to walk around with.
      Go with a Sigma 24-70 for general use, and then put money towards an autofocus Leica 35mm or Leica 50mm.
      Neither of these setups will address the 70-200 lens that would be missing, but I rarely used it, so I can do without I think and either pick up a used 135mm manual focus lens, or maybe a 100mm macro lens and crop it.
      At any rate, would be nice to get some feedback on the image quality of the Sigma 24-70 as that might help me decide. I am continually trying to choose between the SL2, SL2s and M10r and it doesn't seem to make sense to get the SL2 system without at least one autofocus general purpose lens. Otherwise, might as well just go with the M!
      Thanks, all!