I want a Q only if...

jaeger

Why should Leica change a winner and wise engineered camera to a arguable "better" camera?

Does it really change sooo much to have 1.4 instead of 1.7?
Is a hybrid AF (i guess RF was a typo) so much better than the one actaully used on the Q series.
Would the M240 and the 24mm or 35mm be a inferior camera than the Q2 with a 28mm f1.4?
Would the M240 and Summilux 35mm be sooo much bigger and heavier to carry around than the Q2

If i had your setup i would use the M240 with the 24mm Summilux to do that what i do using the Q2.

Chris

10 hours ago, Sandokan said:

Why

because I like it

3 hours ago, PhotoCruiser said:

i guess RF was a typo

It's not a typo, I mean hybrid rangefinder like fujifilm has. 

The other 2 questions you have, the answers are no.  As matter of years, my eye sign would eventually deteriorate and can't use my M anymore. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jaeger said:

because I like it

The other 2 questions you have, the answers are no.  As matter of years, my eye sign would eventually deteriorate and can't use my M anymore. 

I suggest you buy a controlling interest in Leica then you can ask for what you want.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

vor 20 Stunden schrieb jaeger:

because I like it

The Fujis have a hybrid viewfinder, but no rangefinder mechanism. Fuji advertises them as "rangefinder-style" cameras, not as rangefinder cameras.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sandokan said:

I meant, why 1.4 and why a 1.7 isnt good enough? 

That you can ask why people buy 1.2 when 1.4 is available, why 0.95 when 1.2 is available

btw, wiki summilux , it's supposed to be 1.4 to qualify as summilux

3 hours ago, tom.w.bn said:

The Fujis have a hybrid viewfinder, but no rangefinder mechanism. Fuji advertises them as "rangefinder-style" cameras, not as rangefinder cameras.

something like that but Leica needs to impress me creating something more profound, since its price tag is 5x more. 

Edited by jaeger

vor 17 Stunden schrieb jaeger:

That you can ask why people buy 1.2 when 1.4 is available, why 0.95 when 1.2 is available

As it is YOUR requirenment that the trigger point to switch to a Q2 is 1.4 we would like to know why YOU require that.
Or is it just to have it or ask for the impossible ???

vor 17 Stunden schrieb jaeger:

something like that but Leica needs to impress me creating something more profound, since its price tag is 5x more. 

Well at this point i fear that it would be probably better decision to buy the Fuji and use the remaining money to do some travels to use the new camera.
Or if you wanna stay in high cost cameras you may consider the new Zeiss and a lens you like?

Chris

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PhotoCruiser said:

As it is YOUR requirenment that the trigger point to switch to a Q2 is 1.4 we would like to know why YOU require that.
Or is it just to have it or ask for the impossible ???

Well at this point i fear that it would be probably better decision to buy the Fuji and use the remaining money to do some travels to use the new camera.
Or if you wanna stay in high cost cameras you may consider the new Zeiss and a lens you like?

Chris

it's your way or noway.  nobody deserve a wishlist.   no imaginations.   no improvements.   no innovations.   only AS-iS.   I don't belong here, I should go back to M forum.  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, jaeger said:

it's your way or noway.  nobody deserve a wishlist.   no imaginations.   no improvements.   no innovations.   only AS-iS.   I don't belong here, I should go back to M forum.  

Spec-chimping...perhaps you could show us some of your images where your suggestions for spec improvement would come into play?

Edited by Le Chef

On 12/28/2020 at 4:57 AM, jaeger said:

If the summilux is f/1.4 and having a hybrid RF.  Do you guys see that coming?

After reading all - no, I do not see your wishes being supported. Magnification in MF is more accurate than a RF and the focus peaking is as good. 

Yes 1.4 is a more desirable number than 1.7, but with a 28mm lens, DoF difference is indistinguishable, so the lighter weight of the 1.7 is better. 

Better luck with M

6 hours ago, Le Chef said:

Bye, bye. Watch the door on the way out.

I hate to say but the Q's auto focus does suck on face detection mode.  Caused me to loose many quick candid shots before figuring it out.  On spot or small area detect it's great and of course manual too.  Just have to learn to work around certain things, otherwise it is my main goto camera for street or family events.

• Like 1

I don't use the Q2's face detection, preferring the spot or area autofocus.  These modes work just fime.

As for the f/1.7 of the lens, being 1/2 EV slower than the 28mm Summilux M doesn't bother me, especially with the Q2's ISO capability.  I have always puzzled over calling the f/1.7 lens a Summilux, though. 

Apparently Leica decided against calling the Q2's lens the 28mm Quasilux or 28mm Pseudolux.

• Like 4

+1 add to the suggestion a 35mm FLE instead of 28mm then im sold haha. 

More compelling argument for getting a 35 FLE summliux lens and you get a hybrid rangefinder camera for free right hahaha

Given the limitation of the rangefinder system people will migrate to a hybrid Q than an M. At least many fuji x users will migrate to leica...Leica may likely gain market share for once lol

Am 1.1.2021 um 16:55 schrieb Herr Barnack:

Q2 + step forward one meter = 35mm focal length.  😉

Yeah, the main stumbling block when starting to use a fixed lens camera and not understanding that our legs are the zoom function.

Chris

Edited by PhotoCruiser