Your biggest mistake made using the Q2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have been using the camera 2 months now and have taken over 1500 images to date.  In all this time I have yet to have messed up a shoot with the camera till today.

I have been doing long exposures with ND filters and have been using manual focus to get my focus locked in.  Using 2 sec timer ISO 50 etc. To do a quick reset I just power down the camera. Anyway I had some exciting photo ops just come to view got all excited took about 50 images only to find out I left the camera in manual focus. My bad. 

Not much you can do with an out of focus image ,,, lesson learned. 

Anyone else have a story to share ?

• Like 1

<Sigh> Taking some short video shots (instead of photos) on a Scottish beach without realising it after pressing the centre button to remove the information displays from the viewfinder (or so I thought). Did it only once...lesson learned.

Stephen

Thinking I was shooting aperture priority (with Auto ISO), when in fact the shutter speed dial had inadvertently moved from Auto to 1/2000 (probably when putting in or taking the camera out of the bag).  😢  Needless to say the ISO swung across the entire spectrum between indoor-and-outdoor and dawn-to-dusk shooting.  Though the ISO 12500 shots were tolerable, I may change the limit to 6400 instead to minimize the clearly distracting noise.

- Scott

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, MEB said:

I missed several quick shots because the camera doesn't auto focus well on something 25 feet away while it is still set on macro!

Mark

I've done this more a few times. 

Subhash

• Like 1

Went to get some sunset shots of the Grand Mosque here in Abu Dhabi...went nuts scratching my head as to why my shots were out of focus only to realise that i'd left the camera in macro mode...doh! Thought my eyes were tired or something...missed the sunsetting but managed to get dusk at least 😄

total operator error; fantastic camera that shoots great macro, landscape, street, and so on...very happy with it. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 12

7 hours ago, un_saif said:

Went to get some sunset shots of the Grand Mosque here in Abu Dhabi...went nuts scratching my head as to why my shots were out of focus only to realise that i'd left the camera in macro mode...doh! Thought my eyes were tired or something...missed the sunsetting but managed to get dusk at least 😄

total operator error; fantastic camera that shoots great macro, landscape, street, and so on...very happy with it. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Wow. You recovered your mistake well. Thats a beautiful golden hour shot. The symmetry is stunning as are the colors. 

• Like 2

Panic moment with new QP (would apply to Q2 also). Focus square completely disappeared. Switch off, remove battery, restart – still missing. Moving from manual to AF I hadn't properly clicked the locking switch! Did that and alll restored to normal. Whew!

• Like 1