tdodington

1 minute ago, jdlaing said:

Did you format the card in the M10-P?

Yes, I did format the SD card in camera, in computer using SD card formatter, and never erase any picture. I have tried all suggestions from this forum (actually entire this website). The main camera was M10-P so I did everything to solve the problem.

Now, my camera is at workshop in Leica camera AG, Germany.

• 2 months later...
On 3/28/2019 at 8:44 AM, kArthie said:

Yes. Do you know what it is other than SD card error because same SD cards but it never happen with my M10.

It is not SD card error for sure. It's about main board error gotta send your camera in service they will change the board for you.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, i used to have this same frozen problem some months ago with my first m10 i sended twice to repair and they replaced main board but reproduced again. Finally they replaced my m10 unit.

Some months later i,m experiencing same problem with the new replaced m10, with many different sd cards, it seems to happen randomly.. not as frequent as whith the other but very often, when turning on and of the camera  it fixes.. dont know what to do, because last experience with service was exausting

Advertisement (gone after registration)

3 hours ago, Spice said:

Hi there, i used to have this same frozen problem some months ago with my first m10 i sended twice to repair and they replaced main board but reproduced again. Finally they replaced my m10 unit.

Some months later i,m experiencing same problem with the new replaced m10, with many different sd cards, it seems to happen randomly.. not as frequent as whith the other but very often, when turning on and of the camera  it fixes.. dont know what to do, because last experience with service was exausting

That does not sound good. Mine is also at leica now for repair (also the second time). Lets see if they found out meanwhile what is causing this problem, because constantly sending the camera back to leica and waiting can't be an option in the long term.

My M10-P freezes from time to time as did my M10 before it and the M240 before that.  I'm accustomed to popping the battery out and back in and continue shooting.

The M240 had a real problem with freezing often until the latest firmware made it very infrequent, but mine still freezes from time to time. My M10-P froze a few times during the first few months but I don't recall it freezing lately. When it will I'll do the 5-seconds battery thing.  Such is the nature of my digital Ms.  My MP only freezes when it runs out of film :)

My cards have always been SanDisc Extreme Pro 64MB from B&H formatted in camera.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/25/2019 at 1:01 AM, Peter Kilmister said:

Having owned M240, M240-P and now M10-P I have never suffered any 'freeze'. Maybe it's all down to luck?

May be you never use LV and/or external EVF. I have 2 m10 and 1 m10p - all of them freeze regular than using LV/EVF especially with continuous shooting. It seems to me that Leica knows about that but can do nothing because this is hardware problem and cannot be addressed via new firmware

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone's problem been resolved so far. I recently got my camera back from leica, checked repaired and upgraded to M10-P. It is also working flawlessly quite far.

However I still experienced one occasion where the buttons (menu, play) did not react at all. The camera still was still able to take a picture and after that the buttons worked fine again. (so no total freeze). Also from time to time when I take a picture, the review is not displayed on the screen. ( I have set it to 5 seconds review). The picture is stored and the red light blinking but screen remains dark.

As those are minor problems, I use the camera as is and hope there will be a firmware fix. If I experience any of the situations again, I will try to take a video of it with my mobile.

If firmware does not solve it, maybe after one year I will send it in again while I still have warranty.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
On 12/20/2018 at 11:45 AM, kArthie said:

I think I have the same issue as yours. Is the display in the viewfinder flashing "Sd" for a while? You can't do anything but you can release the shutter normally but there is no picture save on the memory. If so I have the same issue. still waiting someone to solve this problem.

I have the same issue with a brand new 10-p and I’ve tried several SD cards with no change.  It’s random, but several times in 2-3 hours the screen freezes and you have to cycle the power.  

DrDaveH,  In the past, the cards and hardware appeared to be an issue.  I have owned a number of M cameras to include the M10-P and now M10-R and M10-M.  I found the cameras work best with San Disc Extreme Pro 16 or 32 SD HC I cards.  I always format the card in camera.  Other photographers use Lexar cards.  I am sure you will get other responses.  In my case, on rare occasion when using the EVF the camera would freeze.  I don't have any issues with the M10-R or M cameras.  Check your manual and Leica does state which cards work well.  If this persists take the camera back and swap it out since it is brand new.  Hope this helps.  r/ Mark