Didn't get much attention during photokina:

The Leica T has a new firmware update:

» Leica T Version 1.9 (Download)
Details and installation instructions

The improvements:

• NEW: Compatible with the new Leica FOTOS app
    Connect your smartphone to your Leica camera
  • NEW: QR Code for all Leica Cameras
    Easy pairing of smartphone and Leica cameras.
  • NEW: 1-Click Connection with FN-Button WLAN starts without submenus on FN-button.
  • NEW: Fixed WLAN name and password
    No submenus for setting name and password.
  • NEW: No submenus for mode settings
    No submenus for setting a connection mode.

• 1 month later...

hi,

am new in Leica T system. there is one issue i have which is exposure. and i do hope 1.9 would fix it (currently in 1.7).

Mostly am using Apperture Priority so i can only think of the DoF and ISO auto. if i want to edit the light i will just use Exposure Compensation.

the weird thing is, with EV 0, i could get over exposed photo and i have to take it down to EV -2 to make it normal. is this normal?

sometimes with enough light on screen, you could see object and all, and when i click shutter and capture the image. it just went pitch black.

the issue is the exposure is not always locked, in the same place with same object and light, sometimes it is over exposed, sometimes it is under exposed.

thank you.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 2 weeks later...

ALL exposure meters in cameras will try to make the scene equal to a gray card. If you simply point the camera at a black wall, the camera will over expose to make it gray, if you point it at a white wall, it will under expose to make it gray. Lights from outside through the glass will greatly impact the exposure as well. These are basic issues that you need to read the manual and watch some tutorials while referencing your manual to learn to see before and adjust accordingly. There are some excellent youtube videos on this subject. Use Youtube search for BH Photo Tutorials or Adorama Tutorials; they both have a good selection of quality how to videos.

• 8 months later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 11/5/2018 at 12:45 AM, Andreas Kurniawan said:

hi,

am new in Leica T system. there is one issue i have which is exposure. and i do hope 1.9 would fix it (currently in 1.7).

Mostly am using Apperture Priority so i can only think of the DoF and ISO auto. if i want to edit the light i will just use Exposure Compensation.

the weird thing is, with EV 0, i could get over exposed photo and i have to take it down to EV -2 to make it normal. is this normal?

sometimes with enough light on screen, you could see object and all, and when i click shutter and capture the image. it just went pitch black.

the issue is the exposure is not always locked, in the same place with same object and light, sometimes it is over exposed, sometimes it is under exposed.

thank you.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

In this example, you are considering exposure outside the window as the important subject matter, but to the camera's metering system the foreground is the priority and the background is left to overexposure without overriding it. This is where a photographer has to tell the camera what to consider important, by manipulating the EV compensation as you have done, because the sensor cannot expose both at the same time correctly ... the full scene has light values that are out of the normal range that the meter and sensor are calibrated to. 

• 4 months later...