fotografr

Circa 1969

Very nice picture. I know some places in Europe, including The Netherlands, where you can still find this kind of scenery. Even better, it’s my roots and I tend to go back now and then.

I love this photo, so would like to see what those 5 are up to now nearly fifty years later.  Two glasses wearers have me fascinated, twins, brothers.. anyway great look back in time.

Thanks for sharing.

Edited by Boojay

One of my very first Leica photos, taken with the M3ds and 135mm Elmarit with goggles (Tri-X film). It's not hard to tell what's going on in the photo.

As it seems that most of the discussants are looking at the smoker a little bit too interested, I'd better not know what's sizzling in his pipe...

I love this photo, so would like to see what those 5 are up to now nearly fifty years later. 

I wondered the same

Chances are, at least one of them is the polar opposite (politically/socially/liberally) to what they were then!

Great shot .... and to think that whole crew is around 70 or so years old today .... time flies, they knew to enjoy youth! 

I love this photo, so would like to see what those 5 are up to now nearly fifty years later.  Two glasses wearers have me fascinated, twins, brothers.. anyway great look back in time.

Thanks for sharing.

Interestingly, I just saw both of them recently. The person at the bottom right with his back to the camera is my younger brother. He died last fall after a brief illness and we had a memorial celebration in June which many of his friends attended.

My recollection as to the pipe contents was that it was Lebanese hash. I wouldn't know for sure but I think I heard somebody mention that at the time.

Thanks all for the fun comments. The photo brought back good memories for sure.

Thanks for sharing.

Actually, they aren't brothers, just good friends. They have both cleaned up their acts considerably.