Circa 1969

fotografr

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Interestingly, I just saw both of them recently. The person at the bottom right with his back to the camera is my younger brother. He died last fall after a brief illness and we had a memorial celebration in June which many of his friends attended.

My recollection as to the pipe contents was that it was Lebanese hash. I wouldn't know for sure but I think I heard somebody mention that at the time. ;)

Thanks all for the fun comments. The photo brought back good memories for sure.

Sorry to hear about your brother, please accept my sympathies.

Out of curiosity, how many became dads? are grandparents today? general stuff like that ...... names and place not necessary, it is just interesting to see people in their youth and know how it ended up for them ..... if you wish, of course.

Sorry to hear of the loss of your brother, condolences.   

Glad to hear the others have cleaned up their acts, always makes me smile when some politician or other gets pulled up for their past experiences with various substances or marches/rally for some weird causes.  I'm very glad to say I certainly was no angel in my youth, and I enjoyed every minute of it!   The photo remains a wonderful blast from the past.

Thank you again. Everyone in this photo got married, had children and probably grandchildren by now--with one notable exception. The guy with the pipe remained a hippie and moved to a small commune in northern California. About 20 years ago my brother and his wife were sitting in a cafe in Bogata and were shocked to see him stroll past on the sidewalk. They hadn't seen each other in many years. I'm pretty sure his community was devastated by the fires this summer.

Don't bogart that joint, my friend
Pass it over to me
Pass it over to me

Roll another one
Just like the other one
This one's burnt to the end
Come on and be a friend

Pass it over to me
Pass it over to me