Nitpick- Screen click?

The CL has a touch screen. Should the screen warp and make noise when touched under normal usage? My cell phone doesn't...

Since joining this forum, I can't tell if I'm being trolled our what.

No. It's just that some of our members here are VERY forgiving of any faults in Leica gear. Fine if they're happy to accept faulty goods but you don't have to.

Not forgiving ...... just can't see the point of returning a camera and waiting for repair/replacement for something that has no cosmetic or functional significance, and is not apparent in normal usage. 

It's meant to be a TOUCH screen, not a PRESS screen, after all.

I've returned plenty of stuff I was unhappy with over the years, but this is one 'issue' that doesn't bother me.

ps. with the Q it seems to be coming from the LCD where it contacts the camera body on the left ...... there is some 'give' and the screen edge is catching on the aperture in the body when flexed. If I was feeling brave I'd put some WD40 in the gap to see what happens ...... but you can guarantee that it would all go horribly wrong and cause trouble where there was none .....  :rolleyes:. The 'click' on the CL in comparison is very faint and hardly audible. 

Edited by thighslapper

Not forgiving ...... just can't see the point of returning a camera and waiting for repair/replacement for something that has no cosmetic or functional significance, and is not apparent in normal usage. 

I've returned plenty of stuff I was unhappy with over the years, but this is one 'issue' that doesn't bother me.

ps. with the Q it seems to be coming from the LCD where it contacts the camera body on the left ...... there is some 'give' and the screen edge is catching on the aperture in the body when flexed. If I was feeling brave I'd put some WD40 in the gap to see what happens ...... but you can guarantee that it would all go horribly wrong and cause trouble where there was none .....  :rolleyes:. The 'click' on the CL in comparison is very faint and hardly audible. 

This post.  :rolleyes:

The CL has a touch screen. Should the screen warp and make noise when touched under normal usage? My cell phone doesn't...

Since joining this forum, I can't tell if I'm being trolled our what.

Well - I’m glad you got your clicking sorted out . . As for being trolled - definitely not - but you should expect arch comments. This forum is populated by a lot of intelligent people with too much time on their Hands :) (sadly I’m not one of them, probably on either count)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I'm really happy for you, honestly. I've just opened a bottle of champagne in your honour.

As Oscar Wilde pointed out ..... 'sarcasm is the lowest form of wit'  :p

but there again if I've managed to make a few people who are even grumpier than me uncork a bottle of liquid happiness then the world will be a jollier place. 

Having worked in a profession for 35 years where perfection is unachievable my standards are clearly set at a lower level than most .... I confess I have left a trail of what many would regard as 'substandard merchandise' in my wake ......  :(   

As Oscar Wilde pointed out ..... 'sarcasm is the lowest form of wit'  :p

<snip>

The full quote goes: “Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, but the highest form of intelligence.” :-)

Maybe forums should be guided by this quote:

"Neither irony or sarcasm is argument" Samuel Butler

Well - I’m glad you got your clicking sorted out . . As for being trolled - definitely not - but you should expect arch comments. This forum is populated by a lot of intelligent people with too much time on their Hands :) (sadly I’m not one of them, probably on either count)

I'm willing to lap up any compliment, no matter how unjustified, but you are surely spot-on about the lack of time :(

• Like 1

My CL screen is clicking aswell, this week I was a few days in a very cold Berlin, noticed that the clicking was over after a while outside. When I was back in the warm hotel, after a while the clicking was back. So I think this camera is the best for eskimos.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk Pro

• 2 months later...

Regarding the screen click issue: Upon agreement with the national and local dealer, my CL was sent to Leica for a check. I got the body back yesterday with the following statement:

Dear Sirs,

The display of your camera is in order. The slight click sound of the camera display is normal and all cameras

have it.

It is caused by the construction and the meets our test and inspection requirements.

The local dealer rented me a CL-body during the Leica 'rendezvous', so no problem with the check on my side... And those wondering whether the screen is ok nor not can (likely) relax.

Strange, my one is send back and I received a new one, no clicking anymore. Maybe they changed the norm, to many send it back.

Bernard de Graaf

www.bernarddefotograaf.nl

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk Pro

Mine makes this faint click it as well but only when i depress the finger from the LCD and i must strain my ear to hear it. I would not send in my camera for so little as i would fear that it comes back worse than it was.