The view through older Glass

farnz

A few samples of the Summaron 3.5cm f3.5 on the M240.

This lens is insanely sharp even wide open, and renders colors beautifully like modern lenses.

40489859711_c188a07518_k.jpgLeica M240 + Summaron 3.5cm F3.5 by Alex Aguilera, on Flickr

25619098197_bce7f527d0_k.jpgLeica M240 + Summaron 3.5cm F3.5 by Alex Aguilera, on Flickr

40489840771_ff1e49d3d9_k.jpgLeica M240 + Summaron 3.5cm F3.5 by Alex Aguilera, on Flickr

• Like 8

Advertisement (gone after registration)

And these are my first samples from my recently acquired Summaron 35/2.8 M3 version.

Also an amazing lens by modern standards. These 3 shots had VERY minor adjustments. 

Cant wait to see how the lens performs on my current film roll. Expect some film samples of this lens sometime next week.

40597279862_b7696baa67_k.jpgSummaron 35mm f2.8 by Alex Aguilera, on Flickr

25768309117_afaefa4958_k.jpgSummaron 35mm f2.8 by Alex Aguilera, on Flickr

25768302877_0b0e486e7c_k.jpgSummaron 35mm f2.8 by Alex Aguilera, on Flickr

• Like 8

I recently acquired this Elmarit-M 28mm version 4 and I'm very, very happy with it!

ISO 160 f5.6 +2/3 EV on Leica M9

Storm coming in!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

It solved my choice-of-lens problem: One lens only - Summicron 35 ASPH, two lenses - Elmarit-M 28 & Summicron 50 (IV). And if I feel really strong all three plus Tele-Elmarit 90  ;). I guess all four of them would qualify for this forum thread.

• Like 8

... It solved my choice-of-lens problem: One lens only - Summicron 35 ASPH, two lenses - Elmarit-M 28 & Summicron 50 (IV). And if I feel really strong all three plus Tele-Elmarit 90  ;). I guess all four of them would qualify for this forum thread.

If the 35/2 Summicron-M asph is the current model then I regret that it wouldn't qualify.  (Please refer to what I wrote in the opening post in this thread.)  The other 3 lenses certainly would so please feel free to post pictures with these.

Pete.

• Like 1

If the 35/2 Summicron-M asph is the current model then I regret that it wouldn't qualify.  (Please refer to what I wrote in the opening post in this thread.)  The other 3 lenses certainly would so please feel free to post pictures with these.

Pete.

Thanks, Pete! Mine is the first Summicron 35 ASPH – 11882 – the heavy chromed brass lens. Serial number puts it to 2002. I wonder if the latest – 11673/4 has changed optically. It still seems to be a 7/5 design and from the illustrations I can find the elements look the same. Has the glass and coating changed? And how it renders color, contrast etc.? Anyone?

I'm hesitant to post any pictures taken with it in this thread because it is so "new".

Edited by anachronist

Since your model has been superseded by the 11673 then it's not the current model and it qualifies for this thread.  According to Red Dot Cameras' blurb on the 11673 it has a "new optical design" although it doesn't mention a re-computation so I expect it has enhanced coatings and is optimised for use with the flat plane provided by digital sensors.

Pete.

• Like 1

M10 and 75mm F1.4 Version 1

• Like 18

Thanks Lex. I was on the way to Aba County in Northern Sichuan (China) to photograph the Tibeten Monk's Aba Molange Festival when we passed this supposedly 300 year old Chinese Tea house where the photo was taken. I will post a photo of the tea house in the CL image thread as the wider view was taken with the CL and a current lens. Time seems to have stood still in that place 

Very impressive, a fascinating photo!

Lex

potted petunias at the back door.

MMV1/75Summilux

• Like 6