The view through older Glass

farnz

Just got a copy of a Canon 35mm f2. This is one of the first test shots. I am very impressed with the lens. Pixel peaked against the Zeiss 35/2 and they were almost neck to neck in sharpness and color. The only drawback on the Canon is that it flares and ghosts very easily. Hopefully a hood will alleviate that. Might be my everyday lens now, especially for my film cameras.

40730256831_a476bf7c34_k.jpgLeica M240 + Canon 35mm f2 LTM by Alex Aguilera, on Flickr

• Like 6

I like my Canon LTM 35/2 very much, esp after Malcolm Taylor had given it a good wash and brush-up. The only problem is that it being so small, I am always getting my fat fingers in the bottom RH corner of the frame, esp in gloves in the recent cold weather. Anyone got any suggestions for a hood to help with this? The odd filter size of 40mm is not helpful here....

Edited by Musotographer

I like my Canon LTM 35/2 very much, esp after Malcolm Taylor had given it a good wash and brush-up. The only problem is that it being so small, I am always getting my fat fingers in the bottom RH corner of the frame, esp in gloves in the recent cold weather. Anyone got any suggestions for a hood to help with this? The odd filter size of 40mm is not helpful here....

You can get stepup rings from 40 to 40,5 mm on ebay.

• Like 1

https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/273772-lets-start-venerating-the-35cron-v2/?p=3305716

Leica M240 + Elmarit-M 24/2.8 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 8

An M9 with a Tele-Elmarit 90mm

• Like 5

M10, 1972 Jupiter-3, 50/1.5

• Like 9

The 3.5 cm f/1.8 Nikkor has a beautifully gentle vignette, Jean-Marc, that reminds me of the vignette from my 50/1 v4 Noctilux.  I've been casually keeping an eye out for the Nikkor for several years now but haven't yet found one that I wanted to pull the trigger on.  My 35/2 Summicron v4 might sulk as well so I'm not in a hurry. :lol:

Pete.

The 3.5 cm f/1.8 Nikkor has a beautifully gentle vignette, Jean-Marc, that reminds me of the vignette from my 50/1 v4 Noctilux.  I've been casually keeping an eye out for the Nikkor for several years now but haven't yet found one that I wanted to pull the trigger on.  My 35/2 Summicron v4 might sulk as well so I'm not in a hurry. :lol:

Pete.

Yes Pete, 

I really like the 3.5 cm f/1.8 Nikkor rendering. Found mine in the UK !

3.5 cm f/1.8 Nikkor LTM on M10:

37143880130_d5bd59bb3d_b.jpg

La Pyramide du Louvre by JM__, on Flickr

Cheers

JM

Edited by JMF