The view through older Glass

farnz

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Good morning Pete...

This picture is just superb!!! I love the vintage look of it and the soft colors.

I second that, I remember seeing that photo before, just beautiful, thanks for sharing Pete !

Alain, vey nice photos on your website! Will get in touch in October when visiting friends in Montreal !

I believe you'll accept a shot done with a Leica CL and Summicron 35 pre asph (I only remember the film used was outdated ):

7032793351_4cdc0833c5_b.jpg

kids7 by careca2013, on Flickr

Best

Jean-Marc.

Edited by jmanivelle

Touching moment Phillip ;-)

I love Nikon glass - a pity, Leica doesn't produce some - hehe.

Here is something from the rarely seen secret cousin of the Nikkor 85/2, the 85 ƒ1.5 Nikkor LTM:

7512337264_c06aba523c_c.jpg

unknown girl by teknopunk.com, on Flickr

7484537012_47b5218334_c.jpg

Shanghai | wet market - old man by teknopunk.com, on Flickr

Nice work Dirk. This is why I wanted you to buy the lens. I knew you'd make the most of it.

Rod

• Like 7

Thanks, Jeff!

For those who aren't aware, Jeff had already started a similar thread here that contains some simply superb picture using some very unusual and ancient lenses.:) I hope to arrange for a kind Mod to consider combining the threads together in the M Lenses forum for simplicity and a potentially larger number of viewers and contributors.

Pete.

• Like 3

A real home-made hack job, A Schneider 5cm F2.8 Karat-Xenar made into Leica mount using a Canon 50/2.8 focus mount. serial number shows it was made in the early 1940s. Fully hard-coated.

Wide-Open

7918184304_e5ea4e142a_c.jpg

Schneider Xenar 5cm F2.8, on the M9 by anachronist1, on Flickr

7918190898_0a2746e695_c.jpg

I thought the Xenar was a Tessar formula lens, until taking it apart. 5 elements in 4 groups, explains why it is better than my Zeiss Tessar F2.8.

7918196154_21fd5a468f.jpg

The geared chrome trim ring is from a Kodak TLR lens, and makes for an easy grip for focus. 29.5mm Series V filter adapter, same as for a Kodak Retina. RF coupling holds across the full focus range, must be made to the Leica 51.6mm standard. This lens was bought loose at a camera show for $30, but would originally come on a Karat fixed lens RF.

Edited by brianv
  • Like 5

Another home-made hack, a 5cm F3.5 Leica Varob now in RF coupled M-Mount. Used a focus mount from a 5cm F2.8 Elmar-M with missing glass.

6893341365_fa8d361612_z.jpg

L1002788 by anachronist1, on Flickr

6893341301_c5f4efd69f_z.jpg

Leitz Varob RF Coupled on the M9 by anachronist1, on Flickr

This lens is basically an uncoated Elmar 5cm F3.5 in a non-focusing enlarger mount.

• Like 2