The view through older Glass

farnz

Advertisement (gone after registration)

M10 + Micro-Nikkor 55mm/2,8

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 11

Another from my new 1972 Jupiter, on the M10 at ISO 3200. B&W seems to suit it, though colour seems good too. I had the choice of four in the shop in St Petersburg, ranging from 1958 to 1978, and this had the best balance of condition and accuracy on my RF. I'm looking forward to trying it for some portraits, which is the main reason I wanted one. It was less than a third of the price of a second-hand Zeiss C Sonnar.

M10, Jupiter-3 50/1.5

• Like 11

Blizzard in southern Sweden today

M-P + MATE@50 cropped

• Like 15

Today's morning walk; M8 50mm Summicron II

• Like 10

Agh.... to my eternal shame: every photo I listed with a  50mm Summicron II should have been a Summicron I (1961 Rigid). This lens has been in use by me, rather continuously, since the summer of 1972 when I bought a second M-3 with said lens attached. Actually, I bought the camera to get the lens which was/is pretty near immaculate. Regards, Ron 

Edited by Ronazle
  • Like 2

Ron, isn't your Summicron of 1961 commonly referred to as type II rigid? The collapsible is Summicron I, and the following type (1956-1968) is II and it refers to both the dual range and the rigid version.

Lex

Well, the reason I made the post is that I did a quick check in the Wiki and saw that it was a type I; this registered as accurate in that I recalled how the collapsible and first rigid were at one time considered identical lenses except for the mount;  this never seemed right to me considering, among other things, the width of the mount. After the Wiki check I made the first of the  two erroneous (by one criterion or the other) posts. After your post I grabbed a "Puts" book and verified what you are saying. So, I guess either I or II is correct; I think I will never again use Roman numerals inre Leica lenses. Regards, Ron

Edited by Ronazle
  • Like 1

Ron, isn't your Summicron of 1961 commonly referred to as type II rigid? The collapsible is Summicron I, and the following type (1956-1968) is II and it refers to both the dual range and the rigid version.

Lex

Well, the reason I made the post is that I did a quick check in the Wiki and saw that it was a type I; this registered as accurate in that I recalled how the collapsible and first rigid were at one time considered identical lenses except for the mount;  this never seemed right to me considering, among other things, the width of the mount. After the Wiki check I made the first of the  two erroneous (by one criterion or the other) posts. After your post I grabbed a "Puts" book and verified what you are saying. So, I guess either I or II is correct; I think I will never again use Roman numerals inre Leica lenses. Regards, Ron

AFAIC, I refer to the Collapsible as v1 and the Rigid/DR as v2. If only because they (or at least my copies) render very differently - colours in particular.

• Like 1

AFAIC, I refer to the Collapsible as v1 and the Rigid/DR as v2. If only because they (or at least my copies) render very differently - colours in particular.

Hmmm..... and I thought I was the only one who saw a major difference in the rendition (for lack of a long description) between the collapsible and rigid first versions, whatever they were/are/should be called. Regards, Ron

• Like 1

Right, back to some pictures.

35 Summicron version 4 with M8.

• Like 13

M10 + Micro-Nikkor 55mm 2,8

• Like 13