I love my MP

Advertisement (gone after registration)

D2 + macro adapter. just cropping and levels adjustments for all of them. Of course I love her too.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

found an other one...

• Like 1

Hi!!

black mp ,costom m6ttl,

eric,

• Like 1

I dropped my M2 just before shooting a show but it went on working despite the speed dial running continuously from 1/60th to B. Still, I sent it to Malcolm Taylor for a quick check-up.

Then I brought the IIIg to do another show and it quit on me right away, as if there were no longer any springs inside, so off to Malcolm it went, too; anyway, thank God they were doing another show the next day because I was really supposed to have a few pictures to print so I brought both the MP with a 75 APO ASPH and the DS M3 with an Elmar 2.8/50 M, to be sure.

The MP is a pleasure to shoot with, the x 1.25 glass helping a lot with the 75 frame in poor light conditions, but the M3 was incredible: bright, big image in the viewfinder, helped a lot by the wide white frame (ok, I know it's unfair to compare the 2 viewfinders, especially with different lenses), the softest whisper when I pressed the release whereas the MP made an audible click and the release felt harder compared with the M3.

So, for an assignment, I'd take the MP because I still believe it would be more reliable, more versatile and accomodating in terms of the type of lenses you can put on but for sheer pleasure of fondling the camera as well as taking pictures (definitely with a 50mm lens), I'd take the M3.

Wonderful pictures of wonderful MP. Martin's MP on the wood is really lovely. Congratulations everybody indeed.

I use an M4 with venerable 21 f:3.4 Super Angulon and 50 f:2 Summicron. I really enjoy this outfit, though would love add one MP and even one M3. I wonder: how much time I'll be able to use film cameras?

Please reassure me, if you can. Otherwise I'll go for one lovely M8, but something will change.

Though I have caved and bought an M8, I have not intention of getting rid of the MP. I think some 35 films will be around for as long as I can shot. I recently watched a program on PBS about the penguins and low and behold the producer had a M6 and was using it. I suspect the extreme temperatures preclude using digital. I thought of this as I plan to make a trip to Yellowstone NP next winter. I don't know if the batteries of the M8 will stand up to the cold therefore I will have the MP along with a good supply of Kodachrome. They way I feel, one needs both the M8 and a film M.

I think the same, though I understand that many M8 shooters have no problem in the cold, maybe with some more battery pack in the bag. If I had to go in real cold areas, I will bring along an M4 or any mechanical body with M8 (if I had one M8...).

I wonder if M8 and Aperture (or any similar software) may be the new Kodachrome, as someone else has said in another thread. It may actually be.

I have a very well used beautiful black MP with leicavit that is starting to brass out that I would never sell, as well as a black M3 with original black leicavit, again which I would never sell. And what I have just realized, after acquiring a brand new chrome special edition LHSA MP3 kit, is that I am a black paint kinda Leica guy rather than a chrome kinda Leica guy. Now that I have realized this, I want to sell the chrome MP3 kit, but I don't want to subject myself to the notorious auction site experience. I am active on some other forums that focus on Leica, including the one on photo.net, but I have been most active recently here and on the digital sub-forum of this site because of the M8 I acquired and use a lot now. Therefore I would like to see if I can sell the MP3 through this site. However, there does not seem to be a for sale/trade section related to this forum and I can't recall seeing anything listed for sale or trade here. Is that because it is not allowed or is there a special area devoted to selling/trading of which I am not aware.

From the Rules of the Leica Forum:

"Private sale of Leica products

This forum does not contain a buy & sell area. This is a prerequisite for funding of our main sponsor Leica Camera AG. No buy & sell activities, independent of whatever form (e.g. link to eBay and similar areas) are allowed.

This also includes any form of negotiations, price/pricing discussions or for sale information."

http://www.leica-camera-user.com/about-leica-forum/6909-rules-leica-forum.html

Yea, just think about dead pixels covered by the firmware. And when all pixels die, they have surely uploaded some pictures in advance to substitute the photos you have taken.

Film now and forever!

• Like 1