I love my MP

Advertisement (gone after registration)

as some others, I too am on the fence of the digital abyss with the m8. I have an m4-2 and a classic m6 / 21,2.8, 35, 50, 90 crons. all have served with great aplomb, been dropped. survived. been in burning buildings, survived, been in rain and snow storms and survived. recently bought a d200 and found it to yield exceptionally good results with minimum effort on my part. we'll see if it can stand the abuse my m's ( and F3 / F5 ) have gotten. I am not satisfied with the scans of my film - too much loss yet like the concept of digital instant gratification and confirmation....so.. leap or not?

finally, at the risk of sounding completely out of touch, what is the "advantage" of the mp over my 6classic? best to all the filmies. thanks.

what's that? perhaps post less and shoot more? ;)

Chris

I read your street photography PDF book on a long haul to Finland last year. I still carry it around with me on a memory stick and I still pull it out from time to time when I am travelling. I have had my own MP for about a month or so now and have put about 30 rolls through it and I am loving it. You are right - it is made for street photography. Thanks for the inspiration.

Incidentally my wife, who is just starting out in photography, finds the MP much simpler than her 350D - she never understood depth of field until I showed her the DOF scale on the 50 summicron. Amazing how all of this automation has just made things harder...

G.

Chris

I read your street photography PDF book on a long haul to Finland last year. I still carry it around with me on a memory stick and I still pull it out from time to time when I am travelling. I have had my own MP for about a month or so now and have put about 30 rolls through it and I am loving it. You are right - it is made for street photography. Thanks for the inspiration.

Incidentally my wife, who is just starting out in photography, finds the MP much simpler than her 350D - she never understood depth of field until I showed her the DOF scale on the 50 summicron. Amazing how all of this automation has just made things harder...

G.

mate, that's amazing! thank you so much for letting me know!

so happy you enjoy both the mp and ... shooting street.

when i read that about your wife and the dof scale i smiled! dof is so important and people with auto-based cameras forget or ... never find out in the first place ... what an important element it is!

cheers mate!

point me in the direction of some of your photos!

cheers!

dof is so important and people with auto-based cameras forget or ... never find out in the first place ... what an important element it is!

What is scaring me is I am seeing some digiall lenses without DOF scales at all. I have also found its worth learning about sensor size and the relationship to DOF.

Tim

AS everyone said,

I love the MP, as M3.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

....isn't an M7 even better for street photography, with its automatique fonction???

ok,ok....your cameras are nice but I love my M7 even if I prefer her my new Hassie for now :))))

automatique function for street photographie?

Hey man, you need nothing more than your MP and a little bit of knowlegde.

You must know what the DOF means and how to meter before shooting.

The spirit of streetphotographie grows with manual taken photos.