I love my MP

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Prost! 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 6

I'm offered a mint MP black paint with serial number 3112319 what is the production year? I can not find it in the wiki or elsewhere on the net.

The asking price is € 2.500 and comes without boxes. What is a good price to buy this MP?

I'm offered a mint MP black paint with serial number 3112319 what is the production year? I can not find it in the wiki or elsewhere on the net.

The asking price is € 2.500 and comes without boxes. What is a good price to buy this MP?

This MP was planned for production in 2006. A batch from 500 ( might be the last production of regular MP before the a la carte took over the batches ). If the MP looks right and smells right, then € 2500,- is a fair price. ( At least I wouldn't sell mine for less...)  See you Saterday? 

Edited by Paulus
  • Like 1

This MP was planned for production in 2006. A batch from 500 ( might be the last production of regular MP before the a la carte took over the batches ). If the MP looks right and smells right, then € 2500,- is a fair price. ( At least I wouldn't sell mine for less...)  See you Saterday? 

Hi Paulus,

I have seen the topic for saturday, but  unfortunately i have another appointment. But love to meet Dutch Leica users once! 

Hope you all have an amazing day!

• Like 1

Oh.  Could I ask so kindly what year my 3006421 MP is from?

Interesting:

2003 MP between : 2984001-2984400 =400 hammertone batch, 

2003: MP                3001001-3001595 = 595 hammertone batch 

2004 MP = 100 betriebskammeras

2004MP  =  50 Anniversary Leica M3 sets

2004 MP SGR = 3010101- 3010600 

Everything in the books was not actually made , but it gives a clue in the right direction.

so my estimate would be 2004. 

• Like 1

Hi,

I ordered an MP a la carte through my dealer and asked them among other tings to remove the 135mm frames. To my surprise the response was that this was not feasible. I have seen several MPs without 135 frames so this surprises me a lot.

The also also responded that personal engraving was not offered even though it is on their configurator. Strange?

The also also responded that personal engraving was not offered even though it is on their configurator. Strange?

Yes, strange. Possibly even completely incorrect. Shoot an email or phone call to Leica Wetzlar and see what they say. Also, when you say "they" and "them" just who is that? Your dealer or Leica in your country or Leica in Wetzlar? My MP is a la carte and I always assumed the changes were made at build time; not by altering an already built stock camera. That's why the a la carte paperwork mentions the work order being un-refundable and the money being collected up front. That's only reasonable, and fair.

You're the customer here. If Leica says your requested customizations are valid for the a la carte program but your dealer says they are not take your money to another dealer. The price is too high to screw around. If the denials are from Leica Wetzlar itself well then, something might be afoot. Perhaps cool your jets until the uncertainty clears.

Good luck,

s-a

• Like 1

Hi,

I ordered an MP a la carte through my dealer and asked them among other tings to remove the 135mm frames. To my surprise the response was that this was not feasible. I have seen several MPs without 135 frames so this surprises me a lot.

The price is too high to screw around. If the denials are from Leica Wetzlar itself well then, something might be afoot. Perhaps cool your jets until the uncertainty clears.

In my experience you will get different answers depending upon who you contact at Leica. If you are polite and persistent they are usually obliging. Eventually.

so my estimate would be 2004. 

Thank you for taking the time to look it up!  So this means my MP had been stored and forgotten in a box (since 2004) until I picked it up as new old stock in March of this year.  Glad I now more about it's history.

I'm in the process of specifying an MP a la carte and have questions regarding vulkanit availability (or what the current equivalent would be?) and engraving.  Like adli, would anyone be able to share contact information for someone in the a la carte program at Leica?

Thanks in advance!

Engraving option only available for chrome bodies (black or silver). Not on Black Paint.

This is probably what caused Adli's dealer to tell him 'engraving wasn't available', the BP vs. chrome warning, and I forgot about it completely. Thanks for the whack with the memory stick! I've PM'ed Adli.

Owe his dealer a beer too,

s-a

• Like 1

It will not please you , but sincerely I do not attach too much importance to the external appearance.
A MP with the good lens remains a good camera and that is the essential in my opinion ! :)

...and with the money saved , I'll  buy a good optics Leica 

Henry

Edited by Doc Henry

It will not please you , but sincerely I do not attach too much importance to the external appearance.

A MP with the good lens remains a good camera and that is the essential in my opinion ! :)

...and with the money saved , I'll  buy a good optics Leica 

Henry

That is true, but when you put so much money into ordering a brand new camera, it is nice to be able to personalise it. If I want a standard Leica I might as well go on shooting with my M6.

• Like 3

After some communications with different persons at Leica I have now received the message that they used to to this kind of spescial adaptions in the past but no longer support them (non standard frames and personal engraving).  A bit surprised by the latter, but I am going to continue with my order anyway. 

• Like 1