NYC Snow Blizzard Photographs

A miller

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Sometimes, one can never be too prepared... :)

MM, 35mm lux asph

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by A miller
  • Like 7

Advertisement (gone after registration)

M3, 28mm elmarit pre-asph. Tri-X @ 1250

• Like 5

MM, 35mm lux asph

• Like 3

This is a series of great photos, but this one shows how treacherous it can be for people, especially the elderly. As somebody who doesn't walk too well these days I can empathise. Nevertheless, I can sit here and enjoy your great images - keep them coming.

Gerry

• Like 1

This is a series of great photos, but this one shows how treacherous it can be for people, especially the elderly. As somebody who doesn't walk too well these days I can empathise. Nevertheless, I can sit here and enjoy your great images - keep them coming.

Gerry

Thanks, Gerry.  You are so right about the hazards of these storms for so many people who have no choice but to carry on...

Happy New Year!

MM, 35mm lux aasph

• Like 5

MM, 35mm lux asph fle

• Like 9

MM, 35mm lux asph fle

I guess when you have to go out, you have to go out but I bet these kids would rather be warm at home. I particularly like this one. BTW, you might want to correct the statement on your profile that "I shoot film and only film".  :D  :p 

Gerry

Edited by gwpics
  • Like 2

MM, 35mm lux asph fle

Great shot! How do you prep a shot like this. I'm thinking blizzard conditions, lens protection and camera, even firing at that essential moment. I'd be interested in your approach and planning. Then of course there is the exposure, but that's not such an issue with a Leica DNG file.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ha, ha, Gerry.  Thanks and very funny.  Indeed, I once upon a time was captured by the digital rat race.  And I have this and a few other photos to show for it.  But I am free as a bird now!! :)

I guess when you have to go out, you have to go out but I bet these kids would rather be warm at home. I particularly like this one. BTW, you might want to correct the statement on your profile that "I shoot film and only film".  :D  :p 

Gerry

Thank you very much!  I don't really do anything different other than try to keep the camera inside my coat whenever I am not shooting.  I also make sure the front glass on the lens is wiped frequently. With a good cold snow, the camera doesn't really get wet when you are outside and in the moment - rather, it rolls off of the camera and lens (and to some extent it sticks to the camera but doesn't melt).  It really isn't until you get indoors when the residual snow that is on the camera and lens quick make a very wet mess!  All outweighed by the fun :)

Great shot! How do you prep a shot like this. I'm thinking blizzard conditions, lens protection and camera, even firing at that essential moment. I'd be interested in your approach and planning. Then of course there is the exposure, but that's not such an issue with a Leica DNG file.

• Like 1

Thanks, do you preset your camera, many street photographers say they preset their cameras so it's a case of in range and fire?

Yes, I usually zone focus particularly with my 28mm.  But I don't set it and forget it.  Rather, I may keep it idle at 6 feet but I will constantly change zones depending how far away my subject is.   In this regard using a single lens and getting to know the focus throw is really beneficial.  

• Like 2