Anyone sent in their M240 for an a-la-carte treatment?

enboe

Advertisement (gone after registration)

How do you do this if you already have a240 in US? By doing that repair form?

Well, the penny should have dropped with Leica USA by now. Ask them.

Still waiting for mine. Somehow there seems to be a delay in the supply of leather. Maybe they are looking for a Khaki cow.

I aready suggested using a Milka one, but they did not think it would look well with bright chrome, and they don't do chocolate-brown paint.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

It was  bit of a wait, apparently there is not too much call for this colour, but the end result is well worth it I think. :)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 11

Love this. Nice design!

In regards to the service in the US, I am surprised there hasn't been more comments/complaints. Relatively speaking I have had good experiences so far for Leica but I wonder when they will true up this segment of their business and make our Leica hearts even bigger. :  )

The saving grace is that our Leica cameras and lenses are built to high standards so we are not in need of service as much as other brands otherwise there may have been a mutiny.

As much as I am complaining I still want to buy many more Leica products....whoops.

• Like 1

It was  bit of a wait, apparently there is not too much call for this colour, but the end result is well worth it I think. :)

attachicon.gif20160523_1713.jpg

Nice one!

How long was the wait?

I asked them to change my M240 into M246 design (black chrome top and bottom, black info button and black wheel on the back) and my quote was €1300 without VAT...pretty steep if you ask me...

I think I will wait what the new M brings before doing something like this...

That green is really nice, Jaap!

I have been thinking to send it in for the a-la-carte treatment and turn this black crow to something funky like these and get the same color neck strap. But first, Leica has to fix the technical issues with my camera.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Nice one!

How long was the wait?

I asked them to change my M240 into M246 design (black chrome top and bottom, black info button and black wheel on the back) and my quote was €1300 without VAT...pretty steep if you ask me...

I think I will wait what the new M brings before doing something like this...

About seven weeks.

Oh come now, Steve, for us people who spend so much time creating things which exist only to be looked at there is nothing more serious than appearance.

I've just had word from Leica, following my enquiry, an email saying they'd escalate my repair knowing I want to use my camera rather than just look at it and take pictures of it looking pretty. 

If anyone wants an a-la-carte job done to make their camera look battered and well used, PM me for delivery details. I would attemp to have it returned to you within 6 months (but sooner if you're in a hurry, but no less than 3 months) looking well worn. I'd prefer an M246 for starters.

PS I offer the same service for lenses. No real preferences but a 24 or 28mm would be good. 

Edited by Steve Ricoh
  • Like 1