Only one lens...

Rick

I'd go with an MP and the 50mm DR, I have this combo right now. Having the ability to close focus really makes this lens one of my favorite. I don't care for the bokeh on this lens (in comparison to the current 50 lux).

My 50mm Elmar-M. It's a bit slow and not very exotic, but it's an extraordinary performer. This is the lens I use 90% of the time.

Oh yes I smuggled this one along with my 35 FLE, no one will notice because it's collapsible

Summilux 50 1.4 ASPH

I generally prefer 50 to 35 on full frame and I am just in love with the image quality of my 50 Lux.

Just one body? Monochrom, I think... I really like my M240 a lot, but if I knew I could only have one single Leica camera for the rest of my life, it would be the Monochrom.

• Like 1

Of those I own, the 50 Summilux. If I really lost an imaginary fortune I might choose the 35 Summicron in the hope that the Summilux could be sold for a higher price :)

Hi Per!

Monochrom and 35/2 asph.

Am I allowed to keep my SF24D too?

Sorry, no SF24 and no fancy camera bag. The bankruptcy judge allowed you to keep your Leica plus one lens (so you could work) and your car (so you would have somewhere to live). What more could you want? :p

That's a really tough question... and painful even to contemplate! :eek:

My first gut reaction was 50 APO.

Currently I have lenses I love in the 21, 28, 50, and 75 focal lengths. I use the 28 a lot and would miss the chance to go wide if I chose the 50, probably more than I would miss the chance to go long, as much as I love to go long sometimes.

My considered answer is possibly that if I had to give up all lenses for one, I would probably give up all the ones I currently have and re-buy the 35 FLE. I like 28 and 50 more than 35, but 35 - as one lens only - would let me do quite a lot. The 35 FLE never let me down (I just preferred to choose 28 or 50).

Truth be told, I would probably be a better photographer with only one lens and one camera body. Those who restrict themselves like that - even for a month or two - often get a lot out of it.

• Like 3

Truth be told, I would probably be a better photographer with only one lens and one camera body. Those who restrict themselves like that - even for a month or two - often get a lot out of it.

A good friend of mine, who is an excellent photographer, just did exactly that. And to make the deal sweeter for himself, he traded in a bunch of gear he never uses for a beautiful M60. When you get rid of expensive gear you never use and trade it for one camera one lens you use a lot, all of a sudden the M60 becomes less extravagant as a purchase. That makes at least one M60 that will actually be a user camera.