Leica X Vario Photos

Feudal1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

These are looking very good James. In the last one, you have that hint of cloud that strikes a sense of daytime in an otherwise night scene!

Also your description of the XV and why you hold on to it is nicely worded. I feel similarly. For any weaknesses it is too compelling in so many important aspects to let it go.

David

• Thanks 1

I'm not ready yet with the post processing of my last photo walks exposures:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 10

What about this one?

• Like 7

The last from the series:

• Like 9

6 hours ago, Sparkassenkunde said:

I'm not ready yet with the post processing of my last photo walks exposures:

This is my favorite of the bunch, the blurred light from the long exposure sets a nice contrast to the sharp and detailed lines of the building. I think a night photo walk needs to be planned for the XV, and soon! Thanks for the inspiration, James!

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The following picture I found while going through my archives in preparation of my annual photo book for 2016:

• Like 11

Hello all! Here's a couple of photos I made out of my first 26 experimental shots with my X Vario. It was an overcast day and I was worried that I might not produce something that would justify my fondness of this camera. Weary of spoiling the lens sharpness, believed I have pushed it so much?..  

1/1600 sec, f/8, 46 mm, ISO 1600. Handheld, Out of camera JPEG. Vignetting applied through Win10 Photo Viewer. 

1/1200 sec, f/7.1, 46 mm, ISO 1600. Handheld, Out of camera JPEG. Vignetting applied through Win10 Photo Viewer. 

I think an EVF is a must, as I had difficulty manual focusing during daylight.. then maybe I could use a lower  SS/ISO? Nevertheless, I'm a happy 66 yr old 'child' with the result..

Dante

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

Thank you for sharing, Dante, and welcome! Beautiful photos and well balanced lighting, not pushed too far for my taste. You’ll be surprised how far you can push the XV, it truly excels far beyond its specs and it’s a ton of fun learning the camera. Looking forward to more photos!

• Like 1

Thank you so much for all your 'likings' and most encouraging comments. Pleasure is mine but credit goes to LXV. Have tried this concept many times with my full frame DSLR, only XV had nailed it right - with ease. Had it not been for your beautiful/quality postings on this forum and Adam's review I would not even consider this 'outdated' camera. I still have a lot to learn in photography, glad that I now have the right tool and the opportunity to get involved together with a very nice group of creative/talented people.

Again, my heartfelt thanks guys!

Dante

• Like 3

Another one from the archives (2016). Two pictures merged in Lightroom, final touch with Color Efex Pro:

• Like 10

Guys,  I hate to interrupt such a beautiful display of images here, but in a rush to leave for work (with my XV), I was reaching for my camera on the desk and fumbled the strap causing the camera to swing back on the desk, cracking the LCD! The crack is pretty slight, but a crack nonetheless.  Everything otherwise is fine and the camera seems to function perfectly. I will be looking to send it off to Leica soon. In the meantime, aside from enjoying other cameras in the closet, I'll stop in here to see what you all are up to.

David

Thank you all. Many times reminded myself not to be hasty in "grabbing" the camera, and particularly to take care changing lenses. Of course even more than before I am these days partial to fixed lens cameras.  It really should not be more than an inconvenience.....and some out of pocket expense.

David