Leica X1 Photos

davidhunternyc

Advertisement (gone after registration)

some snapshots from my trip to Santorini / Kyklades / Greece:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 9

A day out on the bay

f5.6 1/320 ISO 100

f6.3 1/1600 ISO 100

f6.3 1/1000 ISO 100

f5.6 1/320 ISO 100

f5.6 1/250 ISO 100

f2.8 1/2000 ISO 100

• Like 7

All night shots with the X1, and stealth too! Shots are OOC jpegs with no editing other than downsizing for posting.

Also posted another thread: The X1 is a cloaking device, renders the user invisible.

No one sees me! :D

• Like 3

@phancj, are those images from Bangkok and maybe even near/at Patpong?...

If so, I was very on that spot exactly 2 days ago!

Good thing the X1 doesn't record smell I must say... :o:D

Richard.

Yes Richard, it is at the heart of sleaze in Bangkok, and since I finish my work around late evening, this will be the only place for nite street night photography! This was taken at the suriwongse road/patpong junction, I used to stay opposite the other end of patpong at Silom Road where it is very much cleaner and where the financial district is(I lived in Bangkok for two years many years ago). here the smell is less:D

With the X1, it is so discrete you can capture people haggling with working girls on prices it is hilarious...I kid you not, this camera is a real gem and an invisibility device for sure!:p

Ha ha ha... this is amazing! Of all the places in the world we shot nearly the same image on the very same junction! :)

We returned from Thailand a day ago after a 3 week round trip. We spend the start and end of our trip in Bangkok. What a fascinating place... It was my first time and I loved Thailand. Only two things might keep me from going there again, the brutal(!) climate and ermm... Thai cuisine. I tried a lot but I don't think Thai food and me will ever be friends.

The X1 performed flawlessly during these three weeks. It coped far better with the moisty heat than I did. I shot some 600 - 700 images. I only have to solve a password issue on my home PC to review them. :o Can't wait !!

Gosh I never expected to enjoy the moderately cool sea climate in the Netherlands as I do now. Some 20 degrees C, sunny, a little breeze and a shirt that doesn't stick to me like a wet cloth for the first time in weeks. :)

Hey Richard,

what a coincidence! You must share the photos taken at the same junction:)

I think thai cuisine is varied and great but you have to know where to eat, what to order,etc. Also I think thai food )at least traditional) can get really spicy so for foreigners it can be too much...net time you are going I can point you to some really neat places...I have worked in parts of Europe and the States and I must say compared to thailand I think Thailand has a lot more variety and good food in my opinion.

i think I have been in SE Asia for long enough the heat doesnt get to me, I can be out in the sun and not a drop of sweat unless I run around?! :p

Looking forward to the pictures, I havent looked at all my images either, always interrupted by work!

Being the absolute minimalist that I am, I have never really seen a photo of fireworks that I love. I tend to not even like the fireworks that have color in them. Instead, I prefer that fireworks that look like fire. When I saw your photo, I too was impressed by the color and composition. What I was really impressed by though was the simplicity and beauty of the fireworks on the right. I reframed the photo and took a screen shot. I love this.

2uh8lj6.jpg

1) . . . fresh fruits . . .

2) . . . doublepack . . .

3) . . . sunflowers . . .

• Like 5

Guest MartinMann
Being the absolute minimalist that I am, I have never really seen a photo of fireworks that I love. I tend to not even like the fireworks that have color in them. Instead, I prefer that fireworks that look like fire. When I saw your photo, I too was impressed by the color and composition. What I was really impressed by though was the simplicity and beauty of the fireworks on the right. I reframed the photo and took a screen shot. I love this.

If you want, i ll send you the original dng file.

Both reading their own book...

• Like 2

Taken yesterday close to midnite.

• Like 4